What do you do with all those zincs?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: What do you do with all those zincs?

Postby Ecotic » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

JadeDragon wrote:Ok, at least we know how you roll.

Can I get in on this deal? You give me $50 cash and I'll give you $46.64 cash back - we can repeat over and over again, as often as you like :)

Sounds like the best price for copper I've heard all year.
Ecotic
Penny Sorter Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Broseph wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
Ecotic wrote:I use coin deposit bags with my bank (I just weigh the zincs), and I always short the bag by 3/4 of a pound. It's the most I can short it without getting a correction later on.......

Are you saying that you intentionally bring in a $50 bag of zincs weighing only 26 3/4 pounds (correct weight would be 27.5 pounds) and they just credit your account for the full $50 without checking that you shorted them?

I wasn't gonna say anything, but yeah that seems sketchy as all getout

Yup. Not a good idea, IMO.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Ecotic wrote:Hey c'mon guys, think about it. They just send the bag to Brinks, credit my account immediately, and then tell me if Brinks finds the bag is off later then they will issue a correction later on. So if Brinks found my 26.75 lb bag to be $50, then obviously I was just mistaken when I read the numbers on the scale. :angel:

Besides, my bank is always passing the buck and claiming they have no pennies, and that I should "try the branch down the road", so making the gas math works requires some... innovative accounting procedures. And I'm sure they make a healthy profit giving out loans with my very robust (and perpetual) account balance of $0.01. Ten deposits or withdrawals a month requires no minimum account balance to avoid a monthly fee!

Quoted in case one day the OP decides he wants to do business with others on this site and goes on an editing spree.

There's always a turd in the punchbowl that ruins the party for the rest.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 am

New Realcent Defined Term: Ecotic CTU = $97.27 face of copper cents. Bid accordingly.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby SilverEye » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 am

Bank fraud admitted itt

:thumbdown:
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby christostock » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 am

Ecotic wrote:Hey c'mon guys, think about it. They just send the bag to Brinks, credit my account immediately, and then tell me if Brinks finds the bag is off later then they will issue a correction later on. So if Brinks found my 26.75 lb bag to be $50, then obviously I was just mistaken when I read the numbers on the scale. :angel:

Besides, my bank is always passing the buck and claiming they have no pennies, and that I should "try the branch down the road", so making the gas math works requires some... innovative accounting procedures. And I'm sure they make a healthy profit giving out loans with my very robust (and perpetual) account balance of $0.01. Ten deposits or withdrawals a month requires no minimum account balance to avoid a monthly fee!

This is like asking a normal girl if she will sleep with you for a million dollars.
When she says yes, you start to negotiate the terms down to $100 or $50.
We now know she is a hooker with a non negotiable price.
We also now know that you are thief at heart but only for pennies at a time.
I presume if your bank knew what you intentionally do, you would be charged with bank fraud.
This is a federal felony offense if you didn't know?
Red flag on this guy for sure
Seeing this guys comments about his petty bank theft makes me super nervous.
Believe me, I hate banks probably more than anybody here. Can't intentionally steal from them!!!!!
If I were Ecotic, I would delete my post in this thread before this makes it out to the authorities.
HOLY SH!T DUDE!!!!
Last edited by christostock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am

christostock wrote:

This is like asking a normal girl if she will sleep with you for a million dollars.
When she says yes, you start to negotiate the terms down to $100 or $50.
We now know she is a hooker with a non negotiable price.
We also now know that you are thief at heart but only for pennies at a time.
I presume if your bank knew what you intentionally do, you would be charged with bank fraud.
This is a federal felony offense if you didn't know?
Red flag on this guy for sure
Seeing this guys comments about his petty bank theft makes me super nervous.
If I were Ecotic, I would delete my post in this thread before this makes it out to the authorities.
HOLY SH!T DUDE!!!!

yeppppp
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Quoted for future reference.
Ecotic wrote:I use coin deposit bags with my bank (I just weigh the zincs), and I always short the bag by 3/4 of a pound. It's the most I can short it without getting a correction later on. Also I go to about 10 banks in a day with 2 bags each and that allows me to get rid of $1,000 in zincs in a day.

Also, I always also deposit about $2 in cash and coins when I deposit the bags. It throws off the computer systems at the headquarters which would catch my dumping activity and close my account. My logic is they're computers could catch 10 deposits of $50 or $100, but not $52.33 or $102.47.

A bank is a business, not a public service. Coin processing costs them money, and they don't owe you anything for gas.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Catfish4u » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Ecotic wrote:Besides, my bank is always passing the buck and claiming they have no pennies, and that I should "try the branch down the road", so making the gas math works requires some... innovative accounting procedures.

Great idea but why stop there? Shouldn't they also be paying for your meals while driving? And your time has to be worth something? After all - somebody owes you for your troubles.............
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ecotic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Catfish4u wrote:
Ecotic wrote:Besides, my bank is always passing the buck and claiming they have no pennies, and that I should "try the branch down the road", so making the gas math works requires some... innovative accounting procedures.

Great idea but why stop there? Shouldn't they also be paying for your meals while driving? And your time has to be worth something? After all - somebody owes you for your troubles.............

Hey relax, I'm on food stamps. Geeze, ya'll act like I don't know what I'm doing.
Ecotic
Penny Sorter Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Ecotic wrote:Hey relax, I'm on food stamps. Geeze, ya'll act like I don't know what I'm doing.

CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby daviscfad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Kirkland!
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm

TPTB,

Please blow this guy out.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:39 pm

to me my good name is worth more than gaining a few cent in a deal and I believe that most of us here believe the same way
dakota1955

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm

You can NEVER justify committing a crime because someone is making money running a legitimate business!

Whether or not you are on public assistance is NOT the point.

One thing WE pride ourselves on here at RC is integrity and trust! You have neither!

Maybe if someone had faith or trust IN YOU, they would offer you a job where you could earn it honestly. But that will never happen. So, in the end, I have to pay for you to exist! My tax dollars are being used for your food stamps which you use to justify your defrauding the banks, which in turn, raise their fees to cover YOUR sorry little ass! NICE!

Its a BEAUTIFUL WORLD!!!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Ecotic wrote:
Catfish4u wrote:

Hey relax, I'm on food stamps. Geeze, ya'll act like I don't know what I'm doing.

Ecotic....I don't know whether to believe you...or if you are simply trolling to see what responses you get. :|

Either way, shouldn't you be spending your money on something that takes care of your family, rather than buying pennies at the bank....and then shorting them in the process? I don't have an interest in knowing why you are on food stamps.

Not here to lecture you, but what you are doing isn't the smartest thing to do, you know? :roll:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Crescendo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Ecotic wrote:I use coin deposit bags with my bank (I just weigh the zincs), and I always short the bag by 3/4 of a pound. It's the most I can short it without getting a correction later on. Also I go to about 10 banks in a day with 2 bags each and that allows me to get rid of $1,000 in zincs in a day.

Also, I always also deposit about $2 in cash and coins when I deposit the bags. It throws off the computer systems at the headquarters which would catch my dumping activity and close my account. My logic is they're computers could catch 10 deposits of $50 or $100, but not $52.33 or $102.47.

You DO realize you just publicly posted on the internet that you are intentionally committing theft and purposely trying to steal from a bank..... last I checked, stealing is illegal. I guess you don't mind being a criminal because you're stealing from a corporation? Hey, I get that banks do lots of messed up, unethical things. But do two wrongs make a right?
Crescendo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:03 pm

dakota1955 wrote:to me my good name is worth more than gaining a few cent in a deal and I believe that most of us here believe the same way

Agreed
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rsk1963 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:18 am

CardsNCoins wrote:
Ecotic wrote:Hey relax, I'm on food stamps. Geeze, ya'll act like I don't know what I'm doing.

I just ran into this thread...

At the end of the day this photo provided just enough humor to keep me sane while reading this thing.

Also thanks TPTB without seeing the "neutral" feedback on this character, I would have never seen this thread. And since I'm sure there's other that must read this, this could use a timely bump up to the top of the list
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm

rsk1963 wrote:Also thanks TPTB without seeing the "neutral" feedback on this character, I would have never seen this thread. And since I'm sure there's other that must read this, this could use a timely bump up to the top of the list

And again... ECOTIC... Last visited: Mon May 20, 2013 12:35 am
uthminsta

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Wow, what a douche.... I guess I've missed a lot. On the Jack-ass list for sure....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing