Dr. Copper is not doing so well

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dr. Copper is not doing so well

Postby shinnosuke » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Dr. Copper is not doing so well

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Makes me dizzy... Well, my copper cents will always be worth at least a cent. Not to mention some potential numismatic value buried within. So I'll be keeping them for the foreseeable future.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:15 am

I have to admit reading all that data is mind numbing.

Whatever it means, I'll just keep my little copper hoard all to myself. :P

I'm in it for the long haul anyways.....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jasmatk » Sat May 25, 2013 6:51 pm

I read something like that and all I want to say is "blah blah blah"
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby FatherRosado » Sat May 25, 2013 9:15 pm

shinnosuke wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-23/bronze-swan-arrives-end-copper-financing-chinas-lehman-event

China is closing in on realcenters.

well if the price goes down you can get more for your $1. If I can get those 1 pound copper bars at $1 I would probably buy about 20 of them just to have them.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
FatherRosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby inflationhawk » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

The market's rally these past view months in the face of weakening copper prices has been a bit strange. The stock market rally does not seem to be sustainable in the face of this. Just goes to show what government intervention can do. Unfortunately, it never ends well.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 am

It's late and I didn't finish reading the whole article. Sorry. I will finish it tomorrow. Was the final analysis copper would drop? Or, is this an indicator copper will rise in price due to growth?

If only I had the place to warehouse #1 copper scrap. I would have loaded up on it during the dip of '08. I knew it was a temporary dip and could have more than doubled my money in a short period.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Something's fishy and it ain't sushi. Copper withdrawals...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-2 ... oar-record
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing