140 little Indians...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

140 little Indians...

Postby im2shakey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Bought some indian head pennies on a whim today...and just wanted the forums idea as to what the value of them is...they range from 1875 to 1909 and the condition of the coins is from readible, dates but some are pretty smooth....maybe 4 of them have Liberty legible...thanks for your input.
im2shakey
Penny Sorter Member

Re: 140 little Indians...

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:51 am

Are there any 1908's or 1909's with S-mints on the back or 1877's? If so, those are likely worth much more. The "S" on the back is below the bow on the wreath in the bottom center part of the coin.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby willy13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:14 pm

I don't really know what they are worth, but I have been thinking about buying some since they are so hard to find. And I really am just a searcher, and don't usually buy.
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:41 pm

im2shakey wrote:Bought some indian head pennies on a whim today...and just wanted the forums idea as to what the value of them is...they range from 1875 to 1909 and the condition of the coins is from readible, dates but some are pretty smooth....maybe 4 of them have Liberty legible...thanks for your input.

Coinflation.com has a link button for IH's with Numi data/price ranges by grade with pictures. It's a nice quickie ballpark if you don't have a coin price guide handy. Happy hunting!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing