Current pricing for wheaties

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Current pricing for wheaties

Postby Silverholic » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 am

So I'm thinking about getting into wheat pennies but before I put a want to buy offer out there wondering what is a fair price for wheaties today? I see on eBay a wide range... Anything from 3c to 10c per penny shipped? A lot of the listings break it down between decades and it seems like s mints are more valuable? Any info would be appreciated.
Last edited by Silverholic on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverholic
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Updated pricing for wheaties

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:35 am

Depends on if you just want bulk wheat pennies or are trying to get into numismatics (varieties, key dates, high grades, errors, etc). A 1931-S in MS64 can go $150+ , average circulated 1940s-1950s coins go 3-4 cents each. Vast archives here in the penny sub-forum that can keep you up for days :shock: :)

one resource: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5109
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Re: Current pricing for wheaties

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 am

Silverholic wrote:So I'm thinking about getting into wheat pennies but before I put a want to buy offer out there wondering what is a fair price for wheaties today? I see on eBay a wide range... Anything from 3c to 10c per penny shipped? A lot of the listings break it down between decades and it seems like s mints are more valuable? Any info would be appreciated.

Generally a basic mix of wheat pennies will run you 3.5-4 cents each. This mix will most likely contain mostly 1940's- 1950's with a few earlier years mixed in. If you want earlier years you most likely will have to pay more. Teens seem to run 10-15 cents each. S mints will run you more and its getting harder to find just S mint bags.

Obviously this is just talking circulated wheats and not any numismatic coins.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing