BIG DUMP

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

BIG DUMP

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:51 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: BIG DUMP

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Pfft. Amateur horder. Just $816 worth is just a start for some of us, and he KEPT the SHINY new ones instead of the thousands of wheats that must be in those buckets. He should have at least paid his taxes or something with all those pennies if he was just going to dump them.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby wheeler_dealer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 am

I would bet there are a bunch here in the 800 club. Don't think I would want the notoriety.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverspaz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 pm

slacker more likely. $816 is like a few months for me. Cant imagine what 65yrs would bring in. $800@3 months = 200k or ~20million pennies @ 65years.

haul that to the bank!
silverspaz
Penny Sorter Member

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Just a hoarder. Saved all the pennies he found. No separation by content or value. Man's a dork. I'm guessing many of us have dumped several times that just in zinc.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45 pm

I've almost taken that much back to a cornstarecent in one trip. Think it was 593
misteroman

Postby hobo finds » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:30 pm

$816.00 in the bank now instead in buckets at home, and he is happy the bank took them! Look at it this way some more copper released into the wild to be found :clap: But no way he only got $12.55 in cents on a average each year! Back in his day cash was king so he had to get many more cents in change than this in all his years.
hobo finds

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:47 pm

"CrazyTom" the bicycle guy probably FINDS 12.55 in pennies per year :lol: :P
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:13 pm

I think I bought more pennies then this in the final days of the penny in Canada.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 am

JadeDragon wrote:I think I bought more pennies then this in the final days of the penny in Canada.

Since pennies have been taken out of circulation for several years now in Canada, I wonder if a Canadian bank would send a limo for me if I had this many pennies. Not likely, since I live in the U.S. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing