Best ways to store Copper Pennies

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Best ways to store Copper Pennies

Postby Zincanator » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:20 pm

I also use the bank-supplied cardboard $25 boxes but roll them first. When I sold some of my stack it was easy to meet a buyer in public and they felt confident I wasn't shorting them.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:00 am

I use 1 gallon plastic mayo and salad dressing containers my son gets at the restaurant he works at. They have solid covers, and stack well.
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fb101 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Roughly 250 lbs to a 5 gallon bucket
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cooyon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I keep my wheat cents in ziplock slider bags of 2,500 and put the bags in plastic milk crates, then stack the crates. Makes good use of corners and odd-sized spaces in the garage. The crates are easy to move around when necessary; I fill the bottom crates full, then put fewer in the crates as I build the stack. Milk crates are easy to find at thrift stores or yard sales, at least they are around here. Also, some of the crates are older and "collectable". My 1959-81 Cu cents are boxed, all the 1982s go in a three-liter Deer Park water bottle. I visit two bank branches every week to get all their empty coin boxes and I reuse the best cent boxes. All the unused boxes get flattened and burned in the fireplace each winter
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing