Copper penny Sorting Nostalgia

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper penny Sorting Nostalgia

Postby wolvesdad » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 pm

So a mean realcent member recently shared the most horrible copper related YouTube video ever. And it UNbalanced the YouTube /Realcent Force energy. So I decided to return balance to the force:
http://youtu.be/PLC6fRNCGiY

No fear of anything monstrous here! This is Copper Heyday GOLD!!
In about 2008/2009 I was sorting copper and had the idea of saving back $25 sealed penny boxes for my kids to sort later. And have a story of finding their own Wheats, etc 'from circulation'.

I saved back 8 boxes (actually maybe 9 or 10, but unless I find the last two, I think they were the light ones and I just returned/cashed them in. I know I did that with an unsearched box of nickels)

Anyway, my oldest 3 already searched theirs. This is my daughter (and our oldest helping) searching here own box dated 2011.
She is still almost too young to be searching, but we are moving again. So this HAD to be done now!

It is a short video and doesn't show all the finds, but just a bit of our life that is strongly tied to Realcent.org

Thanks so much everyone!!! My kids can thank you all for making these memories possible!!
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Copper penny Sorting Nostalgia

Postby misteroman » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Great story.
I actually opened a bunch of boxestuff that were dated 2009 last week. Was actually going to save them but just opened anyways. Wasn't intentional just must've been at the bottomof the pile. Back in the day i had a standing order of 250 or sometimes 500 a week drom the bank and if it was a busy week thwy just got piled in the corner. Most was about 6-7k at one time until i finally just cut off.
We moved a few weeks ago and everything just got placed wherever and in the process of trying to get everything organized again. I actually have some boxed dated from the 70s that are really really cool to open!!!!
Derek
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby wolvesdad » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Wow!! Boxes from the 70's!! That is super cool!
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 am

Your YouTube videos are way better. Even your one on compost flies is better than the one I posted about! Keep up the good work :thumbup:
hobo finds

Postby wolvesdad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 am

hobo finds wrote:Your YouTube videos are way better. Even your one on compost flies is better than the one I posted about! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Haha!

Thanks! I was waiting to see if you read my post. Hoping you would take it(the poke) in fun!!

I appreciate the kind words!
And if you have any pointers, feedback, etc, I could sure use it right now!! We are about to move and job changes and everything and I need to decide how much time I can spend on the YouTube channel. I enjoy doing it, but need some income from it in order to keep spending time and resources on it. I monetized, but currently that is only bringing in $10-$15 per month. Well it will. You have to reach $100 to get a payout, And I'm 2-4 months away from my first check.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Well I must have pissed off someone with the video, as I went to the bank and asked for a box of cents, she says oh I only have one box left... and gives me an opened box of 2016 d's! :thumbdown: I opened them ALL up hoping that there would be SOMETHING in there but nope! This is what I get :lol:
hobo finds

Postby wolvesdad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Haha! Too funny. Not that you got the box, but that you opened each and every roll(if I understand you correctly).

Its ok! You'll do better tomorrow!! GL&HH
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 pm

I had to open them, my luck one good one in the rolls!
hobo finds

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing