Does anybody do this as a business or a job?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Does anybody do this as a business or a job?

Postby barrytrot » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

tinhorn wrote:
Pennysaved wrote:Would it be worth it in the beginning to just do it as a side part time business? Start with one rydeale and get the process going. Start small and dream big.

Wise advice. This is how I've approached my business startups. Sometimes they can take a few years to hit pay dirt, sometimes it's more like overnight, sometimes the magic just doesn't happen.

Sort of. But "side businesses" very rarely grow into "real businesses".

I would rename it "side income". That makes more sense. And would likely work fine.

A "business" is not something that can be done "on the side".
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 pm

barrytrot wrote:
tinhorn wrote:
Pennysaved wrote:Would it be worth it in the beginning to just do it as a side part time business? Start with one rydeale and get the process going. Start small and dream big.

Wise advice. This is how I've approached my business startups. Sometimes they can take a few years to hit pay dirt, sometimes it's more like overnight, sometimes the magic just doesn't happen.

Sort of. But "side businesses" very rarely grow into "real businesses".

I would rename it "side income". That makes more sense. And would likely work fine.

A "business" is not something that can be done "on the side".

Most of the experts agree with what Pennysaved said. Typically when starting a business you will lose money for the first 6 months to a year. After that you have the kinks worked out and can see if things are going to fly or not. The "experts" say to keep a steady income untill you think you are able to "stand" without it. Once you take that leap than you can put all you have into the side business and make it into your main stream of income.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 am

Why don't you buy one Ryedale and try perhaps $500 - $1000 a week? Then build up a few lots and try to sell them for the $150 you have in mind? I think you'll find even your minimal supply will exceed current demand for them.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing