why do people buy your copper

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

why do people buy your copper

Postby toomuchcopper » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Most all of us here have sold copper pennies to people. My question is.....why are people buying your pennies....this question is not about why YOU would buy them it is about the actual correspondance from people you have sold too. I would love to hear stories about the people you have sold too.
a couple of unusual examples I have are:

a baker from. Australia who wanted to line his pans with them so that they would cool at the right speed for his soufleas (spelling?) ......aparantly some other famous cook uses them to line his pans with and this guy seemed to think that he needed them to line his with so that they would cool at the right speed.
a lady celebrating her 7th (copper) wedding anniversary who wanted 7 lbs of pennies for her husband.
a gentleman from texas who wanted a weight for his shooting bench...
a company who wanted 500,000 steel pennies for a mailing which included a see through envelope where you could see the penny, it was something to do with the VA...never did see the ad.
several uk people wanting anything and everything copper they could get right after jpmorgan bought out all there copper.
and many strange survivolists ......and hedge against inflation people...
I would love to hear your stories....
Last edited by toomuchcopper on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
for more information on copper pennies and copper penny sorting go to
WWW.CRAZYCOINGUY.COM
toomuchcopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: why do people buy your copper

Postby TXBullion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Not Copper but 3 pounds of Canadian Nickel to Japan for "science experiments"
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby andrewjackson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:19 am

8-) . I haven't sold any. I'm one of those hedge against inflation people. Within two year's the dollar will not be the worlds reserve currency. They will rob you blind with the new sdr currency.
I hope that I'm wrong, speaking of inflation has anyone seen the price of gasoline lately?
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby StoreOfValue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 am

I'm with you AJ, our copper and nickel are going to be the reserve currency. Also, I've been too lazy (re: unmotivated) to sell off my hoard.
“Gold is the currency of kings, silver is the currency of the educated, barter is the currency of the working-class, and debt is the currency of slaves.”
StoreOfValue

Postby toomuchcopper » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:14 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about selling 10,000 copper wheat pennies to the university of connecticut Physics department for an expirement....I am guessing thata 10,000 less wheats ever to be seen in circulation again.
for more information on copper pennies and copper penny sorting go to
WWW.CRAZYCOINGUY.COM
toomuchcopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby misteroman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 pm

never sold any CU but I think that will be changing soon as more people seem to be looking for it and the prices are where they need to be at
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PennyPauper » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm fairly certain some of them get resold locally or on ebay. Some are just diversifying their metal holdings.Also heard some are being put away until the one cent piece is history. Or its waiting until the melt ban is lifted to cash in on the likely runup after its removed,or cheap copper speculation.
But I think everyone I've sold to also factors in the inflation hedge and understands its real money compared to paper money.
Finding that civil war token last week and learning about the history really brought home to me again why it's not such a "crazy" idea to be saving coins.Coins have intrinsic value.Paper has no real value today,unless all the trees get wiped out.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby flbandit » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I've only sold any once, right after having shoulder replacement surgery. I've traded a bit here and there also, but I mainly intend to keep my copper.
flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing