Grandson

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Grandson

Postby CU Baker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 am

My grandson is now six months old. When his mom and dad want him to spend the night with us it cost them four rolls of pennys. I sort them put the copper away for Aston's hoard and they have to cash in the zincs and bring back two bucks more the next time. Well we are now up too our first twenty five dollar box. Dad brings in the box so I ask him where he got it.
Oh crap I said thats my main dump bank and I just made a four hundred and twenty eight dollar dump the day before.

He sits it on the floor beside my chair and it sits for a couple of days because I had just pick up 7 $50 dollar bags that I have for a project for my week end with my sniper. Found my first 1909 in this batch, not a vdb but its in exceptional shape. With my project completed I pick up Aston's box,open it and end check the rolls to see if its worth doing. Looks good.
Open one roll run it through the sniper,wow I just busted out the rest and thirty minutes later I am sitting with a great pile of copper. 1531 Cu, 2 wheats, and 45 can cu. 63% makes me want more from my own dump bank, ok Bob get real you know if you try you will get your own crap back. :lol: I called the kids and let them know the good news about the box. His Dad says I will pick you up another box as soon as I get to town. This could get to be a lot of fun building up the little guys hoard.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Grandson

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 am

That's the kind of success story that keeps us all motivated. Thanks for sharing.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:32 am

Fantastic! You are positioning yourself to be someone's favorite grandpa ;)

Just be sure to hold onto his hoard for him until he gets past the 'I want a car' fever that usually sets in around age 15.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 am

Morsecode wrote:Just be sure to hold onto his hoard for him until he gets past the 'I want a car' fever that usually sets in around age 15.

I still get that fever occasionally.. and I am well beyond that age. When I was that age we didn't have to sort for copper.. they were all copper!

After having to push the incoming stash a bit to sort out enough pennies and nickels to pay for the last car.. I don't think I will be getting the fever again for a few more months.

Great story, Bob.. thanks for sharing. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby CU Baker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok grandma read this and corrected me, I guess the little guy is eight months old now. Oh how time flys when your having fun and that CRS set in.
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rickygee » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm

CU Baker wrote:Ok grandma read this and corrected me, I guess the little guy is eight months old now. Oh how time flys when your having fun and that CRS set in.

Sir, You have been misdiagnosed. The proper term for your condition is CRAFT. :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby CU Baker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 am

I'am ok with craft,now what was this all about?
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing