New member observations

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New member observations

Postby markey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello. I have been reading the forum for a while and have really enjoyed all the posts. Nice to hear stories from like minded collectors and hoarders. Have been hand sorting pennies for about 2 months or so and have a sizeable hoard already, especially with ordering several large lots off feebay! Probably sorting about 5-6 boxes per week now. Average copper % here in north Texas is about 20-22%. Also have accumulated about $1000 worth of nickels. Was really fortunate about 2 weeks ago. Purchased about $60 in CWR from my local bank and 40 rolls were almost all copper! No wheats but a lot of coins from the 60's and 70's. There were about 3-5 coins per roll that were not copper and they were new looking coins from the 80's up to 1992. Nothing newer than 1992! What a find. You wonder where this stuff has been sitting for so many years! Also got my first all wheat roll from another bank recently. CWR are definately the way to go if available. Anyway, keep the great stories coming.
markey

Re: New member observations

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

What, you dont think we are crazy? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the madness...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Welcome, markey. It's a great place to learn from others.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm proud to be associated with all the madmen :D
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby sparechange » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another Texas sorter as we have a lot of copper to pile up. My % is 18-20. Keep searching CWRs when available as they seem to pay off the best. Have fun and happy hoarding.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Welcome to the show. This is a very addicting hobby. A lot to learn here for sure. Enjoy your stay.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby maoguinn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! I't good to see another Texan on board.
maoguinn
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

TEXAS Rules!
Welcome, Markey.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Welcome, Markey!

Yes, coins are a a life-long addiction! Enjoy the ride! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby markey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Really enjoy the discussions!
markey

Postby Pennybug » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Derek.Sheriff wrote:I'm proud to be associated with all the madmen :D

Yeah man! With you there all the way! YOU ALL are the kind of people that have brains and can PROVE it! If the SHTF (I know I know... but hey... you gotta admit that if you hoard Cu... there is at LEAST A SMALL part of you that has thought of this)... this site (and a few others like it) will become my homepage! I've learned a LOT from this site... and for FREE and without trash or stupidity! THANK YOU ALL!

And wecome markey! Never been to Texas... but I plan on it someday! When I first started on this site... I bought some CWR (that's Customer Wrapped Rolls)... $50 worth... my 2nd purchase... and they were ALL Cu! That's why I'm the pennybug! I got bit hard early on into my searching days... :D

Happy hunting... you will find a lot of regular ol' smart folks (like us$) on here... and some HEAVY HITTERS on this site (like HCBTT... that's hoard copper by the ton, and JD... Jade Dragon... and others! You can learn a LOT from both!
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing