Oh how the times have changed!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Oh how the times have changed!

Postby inflationhawk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

I came across this article that I thought many here might enjoy. It seems the US Mint used to do quite well making money on the production of pennies and nickels.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=zv ... kels&hl=en
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Oh how the times have changed!

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:30 pm

The article below that about the lack of gravity on the moon and then the ad below that containing the statement of Mrs. Oscar Potter are worth seeing, too.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CU Baker » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:00 pm

New invention for piles on the right side of the page is great. Ya gotta luv preperation H
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 pm

They say silver was 91 cents a pound, did they mean to say ounce?

yes it was per ounce.

http://www.silverinstitute.org/19501960.php
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:20 pm

I also notice Ann Landers is in the paper, how old is that woman? I think she has passed and her coworker have not told anyone and are just doing the column on their own.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:30 am

I guess they can't complain about us then. Most of the pennies we are pulling out were put into play by the mint many years ago at significantly below face value. They make their profit many years ago. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing