Got sloppy today..

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Got sloppy today..

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 pm

:( I went to 4 banks doing the buy, dump, buy , dump... got home and I misplaced 50 bucks.... Not sure where, but I am heading out to retrace my steps.... bummer
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Got sloppy today..

Postby pennypicker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:45 pm

I've done very same thing but it was only a twenty. Hit six banks in one trip and while transferring money, bank cards & receipts in and out of my pockets I somehow lost a $20 bill. High desert winds surely did help matters either. :o :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tinhorn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 pm

That's weird--after my buying and dumping today I ended up with two extra boxes.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:02 pm

took my 5 year old with me hunting halves and the kid is such a money magnet he found a $20 bill on the floor. kid also found an 1892-S Barber in G-12 in a junk bag - its worth about $350.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aristobolus » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:42 am

My boys have always been my good luck charms when it comes to sorting! I was thrilled last month when my oldest found his first Indian!
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:30 am

Found it! I deposited 100, not 50 in my extra extra secondary, super secret rainy day savings account :oops:
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am

Diggin4copper wrote:Found it! I deposited 100, not 50 in my extra extra secondary, super secret rainy day savings account :oops:

Let's celebrate! You buy the lemonade.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby nero12345 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 pm

talk about sloppy.i was dumping and buying the other day when this teller who always has something smart to say when i buy my nickels and pennies said something along the lines of "I don't know how anyone can use that many nickels". I was having a bad day and i said "well Jesus you've got a goddam gold mine in your face and your to dumb and lazy to know whats going on so i'm not surprised you don't know." Of course he asked what i was talking about. I just bit my lip.Said sorry and nevermind and then walked away. How the hell do tellers not know. Some do but most do not. Curiousity would have to get the better of me if twice a week for the last 3 years i've been going in and doing the same thing. Hate that teller but always gives them to me so i can't nor should i say anything.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Maybe we need a thread called "Jedi Mind Tricks to use on Tellers"...wait, I'll bet one already exists.
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing