Bulk cent purchase question

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Bulk cent purchase question

Postby Morsecode » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:25 pm

I may have the chance to buy an unknown amount of raw cents from a local organization's penny drive. I'm sure they're not going to let me take them home to count...so, if I offered to buy by weight how much per pound is reasonable? I know the lady in charge of this thing very well and want to make it worth her while.

I've been pulling 25%-28% from boxes and cwr here consistently, so that should be the same with these I would expect.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Bulk cent purchase question

Postby VWBEAMER » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm

There was a simular thread here recently, and If I recall $1.65 per pound was the number the group came up with.
I
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Do you have a coin counter you can bring there?
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dvorak » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:There was a simular thread here recently, and If I recall $1.65 per pound was the number the group came up with.
I

Sounds about right, $1.81 if it was all zincs (453.59g/lb / 2.5g), $1.46 if it was all coppers(453.59g/lb / 3.1g).
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing