anyone ever had their hand go numb or have some carpel

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

anyone ever had their hand go numb or have some carpel

Postby goldteam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:35 pm

have some carpel tunnel symptoms from sorting

I was sorting alot while watching TV and my hands and arms would go somewhat numb.......that made it where I don't want to do the sorting by hand anymore obviously

I have since purchased a reydale machine and am looking forward to it arriving

has anyone ever had this problem with hands or arms?
goldteam

Re: anyone ever had their hand go numb or have some carpel

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Yes, I had that problem back in my hand sorting days.. seems I am always trying to do too much. I also used to get a kink in my neck. The machinery pretty much solves all these problems. You only have to be careful about lifting too much at once or lifting incorrectly. Safety first! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

I often go numb during sorting.

I think it's the booze.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Merwanseth » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Sorry to hear about the carpel tunnel symptoms, Goldteam. Repetitive activities with the hands and wrists can be part of the reason why carpel tunnel symptoms may appear. There may be many other reasons from genetics to nutritional deficiencies to previous injuries to improper ergonomics. Good to hear that you're getting a Ryedale so you personally won't have to worry about it while youy're sorting and hoarding. Even though you may not be hand-sorting anymore, you may still have reason to be concerned. If hand-sorting was at least part of the origen of those symptoms appearing, then other activities might still add to those symptoms. To be safe, you may want to consider getting it checked out by a health care provider. Hopefully they can determine the cause and maybe suggest ways to correct it. In the meantime, be sure to stay well hydrated, and be careful of any other repetitive hand and wrist activities you may be doing. Hope you enjoy the Ryedale...
Merwanseth
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Roadrunner » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Uh-oh, more copper tunnel problems! :lol:

Sorry, and I sincerely hope you can pinpoint and heal the problem.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Good one, roadrunner. I think you just "coined" a new medical term.

I was having elbow problems for a while there, but they seemed to go away when I changed chairs.

Still haven't found the remedy for the neck issue. I just did $100 and I think the last box will wait til tomorrow.

My health freak friend suggests I take dolomite, a mineral supplement for bones and joints. I did for awhile last year, but they're heinous horse-sized things and taste like zincolns.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby jasmatk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Ive been hand sorting 2+ now and have no physical problems.maybe a few mental ones.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:51 am

I have had my fingers cramp up on occasion after 4 straight hours of hand sorting. But I'm 54 so I guess this would be expected. :roll:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Morsecode.. Just exactly how is it that you know what zincolns taste like?

Pennypicker.. I have gotten those finger cramps too.. guess I am getting old also.

Well, back out to the copper tunnel to do some more sorting.. but I ain't tastin' no zincolns. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Morsecode » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm

It's an old sorting custom...to ward off fatigue, pop a few zincolns and just kinda chaw on 'em like tobacco. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

And you call yourself a penny hoarder...
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Country » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Carpel Tunnel syndrome can get really nasty. Basically, the nerve that goes through your wrist bone gets irritated and/or bruised. Pain/numbness can go from your wrist all the way up to your shoulder and can occur in both hands due to repeitive injury of that nerve. I had Carpel Tunnel in both hands awhile ago. I had to wear the wrist braces with the metal insert on both hands for 24/7 until it got appreciably better. It can be caused by a deficientcy in Vitamin B6 which you can buy cheaply at your local Vitamin store.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing