Beware the "floating" teller!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Beware the "floating" teller!

Postby Economist » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 am

So I have 2 dump banks-- a main and a secondary, both free, one faster, etc.

Problem is both banks have a ton of local branches, so I'm tempted to do some drive-buy pickups at the more remote branches. Couldn't hurt, right? Wrong. I've run into the same teller at 3 different branches of my secondary dump bank- the main downtown office, another city branch, and an out-in-the-sticks small town branch. She told me yesterday, "I'm a floater."

Luckily, I was just in there to get wrappers, and didn't pick up from her. But if I were trying to buy coin, she'd be onto me, and I would have jeopardized my relationship with that bank.

I think the safe rule is to never pickup at a dump bank (vice-versa), INCLUDING BRANCHES!
Economist
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Beware the "floating" teller!

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Run into this, too! Only at my dump bank. I just tell her tha the machine is broke down a the other branch. That line is getting old. She says..."Again? It's never down when I work there!" The other line I give her is somebody was there with a HUGE amount of coin and I'm in a hurry!

Try better at running under the radar.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Couple weeks past I bought two boxes from the branch down the street, ran some errands, had lunch, then stopped at a branch eight miles away to pick up two more boxes...and there she was again! Try talking your way through that and not looking like penny hoarder :?

She works split shifts at different locations on an as-needed basis. Good thing she's cool, but she did want to know if I didn't have anything better to do.
:D
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:19 pm

I've learned that candy/cookies once in a while will cloud their memory!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing