Goodbye (Ebates) and hello (Mr. Rebates)!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Goodbye (Ebates) and hello (Mr. Rebates)!

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 am

Last Christmas I joined Ebates.com. Being a coin and baseball card collector I liked Ebates 3% rebate they were giving on Ebay purchases. But after the Christmas buying season was over Ebates lowered their rebates to 2.5% on cards and only 1% on coins. It turns out their 3% rebates on coins & cards was only a Christmas promotion.

So recently I joined (mrrebates.com) because they offer 3% on both categories without any promotions. Made an $81 copper bullion purchase yesterday on ebay and received a $2.43 rebate from Mr. Rebates instead of the .81 cent rebate I would have received had I stayed with Ebates.com.

So Goodbye (Ebates) and hello (Mr. Rebates)! :D

**For those interested in what Mr. Rebates has to offer I recommend you contact fellow board member Corsair who will tell you all about it and get you set up.
Last edited by pennypicker on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Goodbye (Ebates) and hello (Mr. Rebates)!

Postby Morsecode » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:55 am

Good tip. I'll check it out.

8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Neckro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am

I dunno, anything I get back for Ebates, I put directly into a savings account. saves me a couple hundred a year
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby VWBEAMER » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:12 pm

How does the company make money off these rebates? It always sounded like a scam to me.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Neckro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 pm

They get a % of the FVF, And give you a cut of their cut
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:42 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:How does the company make money off these rebates? It always sounded like a scam to me.

Last month I received a check from Ebates for $42.19. You have the choice of them mailing you a check or crediting your paypal account every three month pay period--It's definitely not a scam!! :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:00 am

upromise.com is another one to check out. Think their at 2% currently. However depending on your state, you may get a state income tax deduction for putting it into a 529 plan. I'm always happy to cut taxes and invest money so my kid's will be smart enough not to have to resort to sorting pennies :lol:
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby abc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 pm

The highest rebate that I have found is bigcrumbs.com, it works out to over 3.25-3.5%. You get 36% of the fee the seller pays back. Soon you will get cash back on the shipping cost as well, once ebays charges you fvf on shipping cost as well.
abc
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing