1st Bank Bag

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

1st Bank Bag

Postby Morsecode » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Finally found a nearby branch at TD that will sell $50 bags. From the first handful the first coin I looked at was a wheat...I thought, 'this is going to be good'

Turned out to be average, which is fine. 1250 coppers not counting the '82s, and 31 wheats. The nice thing is having the branch manager tell me I'm doing them a favor, and to come in any Tuesday for another one, or two.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1st Bank Bag

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Morsecode wrote:Finally found a nearby branch at TD that will sell $50 bags. From the first handful the first coin I looked at was a wheat...I thought, 'this is going to be good'

Turned out to be average, which is fine. 1250 coppers not counting the '82s, and 31 wheats. The nice thing is having the branch manager tell me I'm doing them a favor, and to come in any Tuesday for another one, or two.

1250 coppers = 25% + 82's? I usually get 100 to 150 copper 82's in my bags om average. So, if you got another 150 82's, that'll push you up to 28%. I bet alot of guys here would love 28%!

Your 31 wheats....better than my 18 in my last bag!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby John_doe » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 am

Morsecode wrote:Finally found a nearby branch at TD that will sell $50 bags. From the first handful the first coin I looked at was a wheat...I thought, 'this is going to be good'

you typically find a lot of older coins, but wash your hands well. People empty their ashtrays into those machines. Also if you use a ryedale sift the coins thoroughly to rid them ofall the trash that will jam the machine.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Number21 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 am

That's interesting, I just got done sorting $50 and got about 26% copper...but only 3 wheats! (and about 5 canadians)
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 am

Number21 wrote:That's interesting, I just got done sorting $50 and got about 26% copper...but only 3 wheats! (and about 5 canadians)

It's the same deal with boxes....being at the right place at the right time! Three bags ago I got 107 wheats with 20+ being pre-1940's. The next two bags together got me a total of 38.

Luck plays a part..........but............

The more bags you get, the better your chances of getting a GOOD one!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 am

I can't get bags, but oooooooh boy I loved sorting through some Brinks rolls last night with about 30-35% copper.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:21 am

John_doe wrote:

you typically find a lot of older coins, but wash your hands well. People empty their ashtrays into those machines. Also if you use a ryedale sift the coins thoroughly to rid them ofall the trash that will jam the machine.

The world seems so much kinder once you can find bags to sort :)

Latex gloves,mild hand wash,and moisturizer are as important as drislide ;)
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing