Empty Penny Rolls

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Empty Penny Rolls

Postby anarchir » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:10 pm

At my bank it is free for me to dump my coins and they'll send them through their machine. This also means I have a bunch of empty rolls that I dont really need. Should I try and sell them? Give them away to you guys? This is my second time getting 20 bucks of pennies (which came with the penny box and the rolls). Last time I returned my coins I rerolled them and they just tossed the wrappers. Lame. If any of you have any ideas, lemme know. If I'm going to sell my coppers I'll end up putting them in bags anyhow.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Empty Penny Rolls

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Packing material if you ship! Same with the boxes. Use everything. Don't let the nosy neighbors or the garbage-man know what you are doing. They may want to drop by when you ain't home!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Band them in stacks of 50 or 100, toss em in a box. One day you'll see someone here looking for them and you can make a trade.

I have the same dilemma with the boxes. They beginning to overrun the mudroom, but I can't bear to just chuck em.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby spjegues » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 am

I just recycle them now. Considering you can get a whole package of them at "All a dollar" I do not keep them anymore.
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Roadrunner » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:41 pm

I've wondered that too, I reuse the CWR empty penny rolls but I have a lot of empty plastic rolls lying around.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby anarchir » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 pm

I realized that it takes me longer to pop the pennies out of the rolls without destroying them than it does to actually sort them. Might as well just rip them out then.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:24 pm

recycle... It's Earth Day.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:24 pm

recycle... It's Earth Day.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:59 pm

I use my used CWR's to re-roll up my copper and the old boxes to box them up. Easier way to store them in $25 boxes.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing