Funny bank story!!!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Funny bank story!!!!

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Last week Franklin my son who has autism who is the coin sorter and I went to the DEQ to get my truck tested for new plates. The truck did not pass but after we stop by Matthew's bank AKA Chase, Franklin has named all the banks that we go to and got $20 CWR and got eleven rolls of wheats. This week we went back to the DEQ and still had problems but the tester after talking to Franklin said he could use a hand held tester and said with a wink looks like you passed.
So this week we first stop by the "laughing bank" they sell $50 bags of shotgun rolls after that we went by Matthew's bank to see if we would have the same luck. He had only $15 CWR as he went back to get them a man asked the next teller over if he could buy $100 of cents and she said you mean two rolls and he said no but it might sound odd by I want $100 of cents. At that point Franklin and I knew that we were getting all the cents they had. So I asked Franklin if it would be OK to sell him the $50 bag we just got down the road so the man in Matthew's bank AKA Chase got the "laughing bank" cents I sold them right in the bank . Also Franklin told them about realcent.org the best he could. :D
Last weeks finds.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Funny bank story!!!!

Postby pennypicker » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Good things happen to good people--nice story to hear. :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby realfoot » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

part of our reason for being is to share our love and passion with someone else.your willingness to envolve and teach your son the meaning of value in something that other people ignore is a step ahead in preparing him for his later years.remember the apple does not fall far from the tree and what you teach him today will be carried with him the rest of his life.enjoy!!
in God i trust. all others pay with precious metals.
realfoot

Postby glass » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Great Job Franklin
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Dang, I'm jealous. Your lucky to have a charmer like Franklin on your team.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 am

Lately there has been talk of loaning/borrowing Ryedales amongst the members here. I'm thinking there's a bigger market for loaning out Franklin and have him do the talking with the tellers at our less-than-friendly banks.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby kagarise » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 pm

i use my girlfriends 9yo sister who sorts with me sometimes if they're giving me a hard time she gives them the puppy dog eyes and they melt like butter :lol:
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Nice story and good score. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you were doing with/for your truck. Tested for new plates? Keep up the searches!

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 pm

NotABigDeal wrote:Nice story and good score. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you were doing with/for your truck. Tested for new plates? Keep up the searches!

Deal

Were we live we have to get tested for smog to get new plates.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Ah.... Thanks for the explanation.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing