A realllly bad box

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

A realllly bad box

Postby Heartkill » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:56 pm

First off, I'm a hand sorter, so I only do a $25 box once a week. This is my CWR dime/half dump branch so I get my penny boxes from them, and usually do pretty good. But when the box crossed the teller window I knew it was bad before even cracking a roll. 50 shiny NF String rolls glaring back at me :cry: Yup, a solid box of 2010 shields... wondering if I should dump them as is at another bank or try and sell them for a small premium? I'd probably be lucky to break even with fees and shipping though. Oh well, you win some you lose some!
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Re: A realllly bad box

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm

OK I think I remember.

The scene in Goodfellas when DeNiro (Jimmy Conway) decides he's going to kill all his associates in the Luftansa heist.

Maybe a local dealer/collector will pay enough to make it worth keeping them.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Hmmm, looks like Heartkill (aka DeNiro) is smoking something that was veeerrrry popular back in the day when I was in school! :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Open the rolls and spend a day picking the best 50 under extreme magnification and dump the rest.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:37 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Open the rolls and spend a day picking the best 50 under extreme magnification and dump the rest.

I wouldn't even spend my time doing that. There are a TON of 2010 pennies out there.....
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Heartkill » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 pm

highroller4321 wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Open the rolls and spend a day picking the best 50 under extreme magnification and dump the rest.

I wouldn't even spend my time doing that. There are a TON of 2010 pennies out there.....

They got dumped :mrgreen:
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Heartkill wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

They got dumped :mrgreen:

Now its a TON - 2500 :P
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby andrewjackson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Take a quick look on ebay,2010 shields are selling from 40 to 80 dollars per box, not a bad return. Being the first year of shield issue they might have a collector value? I have obtained 3 boxes of shields, I think that they might bring a premium down the road
Just my two cents. :geek:
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing