Anyone a PCGS member?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Anyone a PCGS member?

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Seems like all the coin dealers around here, who are listed on the PCGS website, don't want to bother with sending out someone else's coin. I'd like to have that 72 DDO I found the other day slabbed. Not because it's super rare or gem (it's neither), but just cause I found it sorting.

One dealer told me to join as a member. $79 for the year, but zero free submissions. I think the next step up was $149 which included 4 submissions, which would be ok except I don't anticipate having three more coins worthy of slabbing.

Any reputable dealers out there I can ship this to? Suggestions?
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anyone a PCGS member?

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

I ran into the same trouble a few years back when I found three 99 WAMs. My local dealer practicaly told me to take a hike. So I and my money did.

Here is a nice list of services w/ fee shedual: http://www.pcgs.com/grading_list.chtml

to send in that one coin it would cost: 18 economy+ 24 variety attrib+ 8 order fee+ 16.95 shipping = $66.95 if you were already a member

If you can get someone to add it to their next lot you could probably get it done for less.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm hoping to do.

Thanks for posting the fees.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby barrytrot » Tue May 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm a PCGS member AND I'm doing a submission in the middle of May. So if you want to send me something to send to them, I'll do so and you can pay whatever their fee portion is. Just PM me.

On a related note: Becoming a PCGS member isn't expensive and includes "free submissions" so you may just want to do that instead.

Either way, I've been told by SEVERAL people, "do not let a dealer send coins in for you."

Edit: I meant "May" :)
Last edited by barrytrot on Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 pm

barrytrot wrote:I'm a PCGS member AND I'm doing a submission in the middle of March. So if you want to send me something to send to them, I'll do so and you can pay whatever their fee portion is. Just PM me.

On a related note: Becoming a PCGS member isn't expensive and includes "free submissions" so you may just want to do that instead.

Either way, I've been told by SEVERAL people, "do not let a dealer send coins in for you."

I have done both. As long as your dealer is honest (and mine was/is) you will be fine. I also currently do my own submissions. PCGS has 25 of my morgans right now.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 pm

I just recieved a real nice set of ATBs from Coins and things.. I would like to send them in too.. I might join, but I might just wait a few yrs...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 pm

PM sent, barrytrot

8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing