bags

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: bags

Postby HPMBTT » Wed May 04, 2011 12:45 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
ibeakc wrote: Then he gives me the direct line to the STL FED, (bout 10 Min away) and says that I should see if they will sell me $50 bags of pennies if I want them that bad!!! :!: :?: :lol: Is there a single person ever that has done direct business with the FED?? Am I completely wrong or does the FED do business with licensed banks EXCLUSIVELY??

Order BIG! :mrgreen:

I'm dying to know how this will turn out. You WILL inform us after you contact the FED, won't you???
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Number21 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:08 am

henrysmedford wrote:The photo is two of the tokens we got in the bag. Also a teller told me later that the bag that they checked had a large number of tokens in it and that is why I got the credit. Also they had to call the Cummings coin counter people out to fix it. :D

Now that I think about it I probably would have gone to chuck e cheese to get all the tokens they have...and drop them at the bank for a dollar. :lol:
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
ibeakc wrote: Then he gives me the direct line to the STL FED, (bout 10 Min away) and says that I should see if they will sell me $50 bags of pennies if I want them that bad!!! :!: :?: :lol: Is there a single person ever that has done direct business with the FED?? Am I completely wrong or does the FED do business with licensed banks EXCLUSIVELY??

Order BIG! :mrgreen:

Then ask for the other Fed phone numbers... Ill pay for the inside line to the coin guy.. :D
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Crescendo » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Number21 wrote:
henrysmedford wrote:The photo is two of the tokens we got in the bag. Also a teller told me later that the bag that they checked had a large number of tokens in it and that is why I got the credit. Also they had to call the Cummings coin counter people out to fix it. :D

Now that I think about it I probably would have gone to chuck e cheese to get all the tokens they have...and drop them at the bank for a dollar. :lol:

there is a way to actually seriously do that. I mean, legitimately a way to do it. Just not legitimately honest, appropriate, or responsibly. I have never tried it, but I have seen it. I'd imagine that would be a good way to make some people never want to see you again. Not sure if the bank actually sought retribution or not.
Crescendo
Penny Sorter Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing