Interestinf Copper article.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Interestinf Copper article.

Postby hejira11 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:15 pm

hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Re: Interestinf Copper article.

Postby VWBEAMER » Fri May 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Wow, that means the thiefs were taking the copper in broad daylight.... :?

I would move.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Number21 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 pm

What a stupid idea. Criminals take live wires all the time. I'm not even an electrician and I own a set of insulated electrical tools designed for safely cutting live wires....

This "construction supervisor" clearly doesn't know anything about electricity.
“I believe these are 200 volts, and that would hurt,” said Waldron.

Even those with a vague knowledge of electricity know that it comes only in either 208, 240, or most likely for street lights 277 volts, although the voltage has nothing to do with how much it would "hurt". :roll:
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Sat May 07, 2011 7:18 pm

In my (once) fair town they had to close down the Department of Motor Vehicles for a day when copper thieves stole all the copper wiring from the electrical boxes. Plus the city had to put locks on all the fire hydrant caps as they were being stolen as well. :shock:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 pm

I have a friend who works in the city of Detroit. He says that every day he sees thieves routinely stripping historic homes and businesses of their PMs; a sad chapter in the life of a venerable city that put the world on wheels.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Sun May 08, 2011 12:40 am

There is enough copper to buy at face value; why would anyone risk stealing it? ;)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Number21 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:53 am

Chief wrote:There is enough copper to buy at face value; why would anyone risk stealing it? ;)

Scrap yards pay more for wire than pennies. :lol: :roll:
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon May 09, 2011 6:19 am

aristobolus wrote:I have a friend who works in the city of Detroit. He says that every day he sees thieves routinely stripping historic homes and businesses of their PMs; a sad chapter in the life of a venerable city that put the world on wheels.

It is not only Detroit. It is a sad example how far we have fallen from a time when most homes didn't have locks on the doors. Does your friend call the cops and report a crime in progress?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing