Commodities bubble?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Commodities bubble?

Postby John_doe » Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 am

There has been some major price corrections the past few days in the silver markets. Is anyone else thinking that the bottom could fall out of it, or is that just me?

I've been saying this for quite some time now, and with some major catylist events I'm really thinking it COULD happen.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Re: Commodities bubble?

Postby goldteam » Wed May 04, 2011 6:32 am

It will drop to about 35 and go above 50 by years end in my opinion.

This is nothing but short sellers flooding the paper to cover their azzez.

It's actually kind of funny how desparate they are.

Silver dropped 6 dollars in 2 minutes due to normal circumstances I'm sure. :lol:
goldteam

Postby highroller4321 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 am

This is a good read. http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews2 ... JW_am.html

Normally when there is a bubble everyone is talking and hyping about it. With silver there isn't/hasn't been a lot of hype about it.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby moneydog » Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 pm

cme raised margin req 3 times lately there screwing with the market :x
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby John_doe » Thu May 05, 2011 1:10 am

highroller4321 wrote:This is a good read. http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews2 ... JW_am.html

Normally when there is a bubble everyone is talking and hyping about it. With silver there isn't/hasn't been a lot of hype about it.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the market will fall out at some point. I think there is a bubble, and I also think a lot of people will be upset when it bursts. I am obviously preaching to the choir on a commodities forum (I own commodities myself), just food for thought.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 am

I think the panic buyers and short term investors are about to have a fit.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 am

John_doe wrote:I think the panic buyers and short term investors are about to have a fit.

I think this is just Crimex' response to the "crash JP Morgue" crowd. I have read Bligh paid up to 50% premiums to get people to take cash instead of delivery. They are hemmoraging cash badly and had to do something. The new margins are just damage control.

It doesn't matter. They could not deliver anyway. I think we will be above $50 before years' end.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 am

John_doe wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:This is a good read. http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews2 ... JW_am.html

I'm not trying to be negative, but the market will fall out at some point. I think there is a bubble, and I also think a lot of people will be upset when it bursts. I am obviously preaching to the choir on a commodities forum (I own commodities myself), just food for thought.

You are simply sharing your opinion so thats not being negative. :)

I believe this is also a main reason why silver has dropped so fast.

http://goldandsilverblog.com/comex-incr ... week-0231/
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby John_doe » Fri May 06, 2011 3:10 am

I'm still holding some silver (what I cleared out for free), but I won't be buying until all the ruckus is over. With every commodities boom always comes an abrupt falling out. I'm still very bullish on copper, and actually might sell silver to buy even more.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 am

However, I hope you all are right. ;)
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby psi » Fri May 06, 2011 4:27 am

I fully expect a burst bubble scenario with prices eventually, I just don't think that's what's happening now. I would expect a peak price much closer to an inflation-adjusted 1980 peak, nearing the over 30-year old nominal peak price is not what I would consider "dizzying heights". Not actually having that much silver, it wouldn't bother me much if prices went low again and stayed low for an extended period, but the "big" peak and subsequent big crash won't happen until everyone and their brother jumps on the bandwagon first. A dip like this is a perfect time for a lot of those bandwagon types to get on board.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Fri May 06, 2011 5:17 am

psi wrote:I fully expect a burst bubble scenario with prices eventually, I just don't think that's what's happening now. I would expect a peak price much closer to an inflation-adjusted 1980 peak, nearing the over 30-year old nominal peak price is not what I would consider "dizzying heights". Not actually having that much silver, it wouldn't bother me much if prices went low again and stayed low for an extended period, but the "big" peak and subsequent big crash won't happen until everyone and their brother jumps on the bandwagon first. A dip like this is a perfect time for a lot of those bandwagon types to get on board.

There are several high end positions in the silver market, if one of those positions has a selloff the bottom will fall out.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 am

If the bottom falls out of real money relative to paper money, I'll just back up the truck, load up and wait. Not so often that you can buy money on sale.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Wed May 11, 2011 8:25 am

Here's a great podcast from yesterday on this subject:

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/futur ... investment
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby John_doe » Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:If the bottom falls out of real money relative to paper money, I'll just back up the truck, load up and wait. Not so often that you can buy money on sale.

Same here. ;)
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm not bullish on silver or gold anymore though, the higher the price goes the higher the risk. I'll be trading in the gold/silver markets, but buying copper and paper stocks until the market hits equillibrium.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing