After weeks of browsing....

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

After weeks of browsing....

Postby Centsation » Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 pm

...I finally decided to join this site! I can't believe how many other people sort through pennies. I started hand sorting about a year ago when I discovered Coinflation and found that Pre 1982 pennies carry a premium over FV. Since then, I have sorted off and on, but having found this site, I have taken a renewed interest. It'll be great to be able to share cool finds with someone other than my wife :lol:
Centsation

Re: After weeks of browsing....

Postby Thogey » Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Welcome,

What's your best find?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Good to have you aboard. And nice screen name 8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby CU Baker » Tue May 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Welcome to the nut house. Is your wife up for the events to follow :?: Getting more pennies to sort, buying a ryedale,buying a coin counter, then the coin roller. Changing the master bedroom into the pennie sorting room. Building the climate controled storage room. Now the forlift and commercial storage units for incoming and outgoing shipments. Baking for the girls at your dump bank. Running to twenty different banks to find cwr's or fifty dollar bags. Now all of this just to save up a few lb's of copper and its only day on here. What's tomorrow going to bring? Just a lot more fun with a bunch of guys and gals that have the same interest as you. Enjoy the site and post often.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue May 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Welcome...and BRAVO...on a very cool name...hard to believe nobody has tried that one!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby spjegues » Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Welcome- Glad to see another fellow Utahn .
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Postby csb3tennessee » Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Welcome aboard- you'll find plenty of like-minded friends here. While others outside of this hobby may consider you a bit eccentric, around here you are totally normal- actually you are ahead of the curve!
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Howdy and welcome. Glad you decided to join us and make your first post. It appears that you have been circumspect in not sharing your hobby with others. Many of us here think that's a good idea. Post again and don't be a stranger.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aristobolus » Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Centsation wrote:...I finally decided to join this site! I can't believe how many other people sort through pennies. I started hand sorting about a year ago when I discovered Coinflation and found that Pre 1982 pennies carry a premium over FV. Since then, I have sorted off and on, but having found this site, I have taken a renewed interest. It'll be great to be able to share cool finds with someone other than my wife :lol:

Good, Good, Good...Good Vibrations..... Now you need to buy a Ryedale http://www.pennysorter.com/
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby OtusLotus » Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

damn.. more freakin competition..

JK.. read, laugh, enjoy, post, and then sort some more
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Tue May 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Welcome, nice to have another person to add to the craziness. What have been your coolest finds?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby gettin copper » Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 pm

OtusLotus wrote:damn.. more freakin competition..

JK.. read, laugh, enjoy, post, and then sort some more

+1
gettin copper
Penny Sorter Member

Postby tn-dave » Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 am

Welcome - I remember my Dad telling me a few years ago - "no matter what you are into, there is an internet forum dedicated to it. And there are people on that forum who take it to the extreme". Realcent is a pefect example of that statement. :D
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Centsation » Wed May 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! To answer the questions about my best find, I would have to say that my best find has been a 1970 S small date. When I first found it, I didn't really believe my eyes since it can be hard differentiating between a small date and a large date. I took it to my local coin shop and the guy that runs the place verified that it was indeed a small date. He thought it was pretty cool because he had never seen one circulated before - he even offered to buy it from me for $5 :mrgreen:
Centsation

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing