Unlimited free money!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

% of stash you would sell at 1.5x face weekly

10%
31%
30%
10%
50%
7%
70%
12%
100%
40%

Total votes : 42

Re: Unlimited free money!

Postby Pennysaved » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:56 am

Back when silver was in the $13 to $18 range, I was selling my copper cents to buy silver; kind of glad I was doing that.

Figure I can always build back up the copper supply and the copper cents start to take up a lot of room if you are doing a lot of sorting
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:34 am

Back when silver was in the $8-10 range I was selling my copper to buy silver. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Yawn. If I can't get at least 2x face, I am not interested.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OX6603 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:31 am

If I had a buyer for every penny I could sort I'd be buying a few machines and cycling my entire bank account as quickly and as often as possible. 1.5 today compounded over and over again beats sitting on it for me.
OX6603

Postby Tourney64 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Zero.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby gojomoso » Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Economist wrote:I chose 100%--this is basically what I do right now.

I understand where you "sort-n-hoard" focused guys are coming from, but you should understand where us "sort-n-sell" guys are coming from.

I for one don't have a whole bunch of cash to park in a pile of copper for years. And if I had a whole lot of cash, I'd be buying ag land as my main investment. But being a "cash flow" sorter actually allows me a pretty nice little side job. Sure, it doesn't pay all that great (yet), but it's fun and I'm building up a business.

^exactly
plus i think that, for me, if i take the money from coins over and over again i build up more and more, plus i dont spend as much cause it all goes into building up my penny supply in a repeating cycle
and i have no costs, no gas, and free penny drop off :)

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
AGgressive Metal wrote:EDIT - not to mention the time it takes to re-roll and return and/or spend the zincs.

That is what high speed counters and automatic rolling machines are for. :mrgreen:

if you have those i bet your set-up is awesome
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby tinhorn » Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I offer BINs at $4 a pound, which is 2.7c if I did the math right. My auctions start around 2.4c, or $3.50 a pound. But I'm pursuing a retail market.

Now I think OP has a standing offer at a wholesale price, and can sell all he can sort. Yeah, I'd be figuring out how to make that work. A lot to be said for no-muss, no-fuss deals.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby anarchir » Wed May 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I'd sell 100%, I am only investing time and money into copper pennies so I can get some money back in the short term. Money's tight where I'm at, my investments are slim.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Postby ScottyTX » Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Man everybody's different, if you have unlimited time/ability to sort but limited capital it's stupid not to sell, if you have unlimited capital and limited time/ability to sort them eh I would pass its not worth my time..........
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Gobirds » Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Considering the world is going to end in December 2012, and the government will not lift the ban that quickly..... I will sell all now, and just go out and hoard more. It may take a little longer, but with a machine and the money i sell my hoard for, I can go get more. More importantly, I figure that I can continue to buy other PM so that I am diversified when the world comes to an end and I may need it. HA HA HA.

Seriously though, with a machine, I can pick the copper faster than the hand sorter so I can amass the hoard again. Remember, I can double my hoard by selling an re-investing at the same price as before (.01) so until I see my copper percentage fall below 10% consistently, or the Fed releases the melt ban, there is no reason not to sell to the market for me.
Gobirds

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing