New, just saying hi..

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New, just saying hi..

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 19, 2011 5:50 pm

What have I done? Been picking through 50 cent coins for decades but, the bank told me no more bags since they were order-in so I asked about buying bags from the coin machine and they said sure. I'm finding this so fun I just had to join. Never in a million years would I have thought pennies but, here I am rolling on the floor laughing my you-know-what off... The first bag I bought in the very first handful I pulled was a 53 wheat.. hahaha.. I'm hooked! This is so fun I picked up three more bags yesterday.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: New, just saying hi..

Postby henrysmedford » Thu May 19, 2011 6:12 pm

It just starts with one. I do this hobby with my son Franklin who has autism. We now go through $300 FV and save all the coppers and tube all the wheat and Canadians. So you might look into getting a Ryedale we now have are first $1K FV of copper. I think it is we now have four five gallon buckets of 1959-1982 . It just starts with one find---- :D BLW what state do you live in?
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Centsation » Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new on here as well, but you'll find this site is great for any questions you have. Happy searching :)
Centsation

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 19, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm on Oklahoma.. Guess I should complete my profile and yes, I bought a Ryedale yesterday. Is my wife going to kill me.. lol
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby GTOJohn » Thu May 19, 2011 6:39 pm

the ryedale is mighty hungry - try to get your wife involved - maybe a trip to the bank to deopsit zincs? just a thought! good luck and enjoy
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby MinerJohn » Thu May 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Welcome. Newbie here also. Very informative place. Enjoy.
MinerJohn

Postby henrysmedford » Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 pm

aev wrote:I'm on Oklahoma.. Guess I should complete my profile and yes, I bought a Ryedale yesterday. Is my wife going to kill me.. lol

My wife tripped over the Ryedale cord see-- http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5126&hilit=+wife
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Welcome to the boards. My parents grew up in Shawnee and moved to California the summer after they graduated high school. I visit my relatives in Shawnee & Tulsa every year. :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Fri May 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Welcome to the board.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby sparechange » Fri May 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Welcome to the board and all it takes is one coin to become crazed like most of us. I promise not to hold it against you being from OK since I'm from Tx. Have fun with your sorting!
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat May 21, 2011 9:34 am

Welcome. Tons of information here. Give the wife time, she'll come around. After all, what other hobby costs nothing and has no probility of loosing money. Only costs are machines, and those can be paid for with one good deal. Post well and post often. Enjoy your stay.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tourney64 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 am

Welcome Aev. What does your name stand for?

I have died many lives with my wife. She was really pissed when I spent $4,000 on old silver coins in 2002 when silver was $4/oz. She was really pissed at my purchase of 4 sets of ATB 5 oz silver coins for $950/set. I averaged selling them at $1,535. I continue to prove that I know what I'm doing. Don't worry about your Ryedale purchase with the wife.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat May 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome to the dark side Aev. You are among kindred spirits here. When I got my first Ryedale I had it delivered to the office and did my sorting there after work. I was getting home pretty late from work most nights, since I was sorting pretty heavily. My girlfriend at the time accused me of having an affair. I finally had to admit to the machine.. but once I did, I could bring it home. 3 more Ryedales, a penny processing center chock full of counters and automatic rolling machines, and a new gf later.. I am a pretty happy hoarder! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Welcome to the dark side Aev. You are among kindred spirits here. When I got my first Ryedale I had it delivered to the office and did my sorting there after work. I was getting home pretty late from work most nights, since I was sorting pretty heavily. My girlfriend at the time accused me of having an affair. I finally had to admit to the machine.. but once I did, I could bring it home. 3 more Ryedales, a penny processing center chock full of counters and automatic rolling machines,and a new gf later .. I am a pretty happy hoarder! :mrgreen:

Ah, the 'ole upgrade. Nice, hehe.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

This one has some past experience in retail.. so she is really good at shelling pennies. I need that help so I can keep up with slick. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby henrysmedford » Sun May 22, 2011 10:49 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:This one has some past experience in retail.. so she is really good at shelling pennies. I need that help so I can keep up with slick. :mrgreen:

So if people are like coins was the first girlfriend a Cull from -- http://www.acoin.com/answerwizard/answerwizardcull.html
Generally coins that are graded as Basil State, Fair, or Poor by wear are considered Cull, "hole filler" or simply "filler" coins.
:D
So you changed the one out in the folder of life. :lol:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 am

Nah, the old one was pretty high grade.. just didn't fit in my collection. The new one is more tolerant of my "hobby." She didn't even squawk when I dropped over a grand on bags of wheat cents yesterday. The old one would have said "More pennies!!!!???? Don't you have enough pennies?" :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby henrysmedford » Sun May 22, 2011 11:07 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Nah, the old one was pretty high grade.. just didn't fit in my collection. The new one is more tolerant of my "hobby." She didn't even squawk when I dropped over a grand on bags of wheat cents yesterday. The old one would have said "More pennies!!!!???? Don't you have enough pennies?" :mrgreen:

Have you thought about entering this one in barrytrot free PCGS giveaway you just have to post a photo at http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5870 :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing