Ryedale sorter

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ryedale sorter

Postby avidbrandy » Sun May 22, 2011 7:41 am

Ok so I'm thinking about getting a Ryedale. Just have a bit of an issue spending $500 on a penny sorter. I've been doing them by hand on my own up till now (only about $75-$100 a week)

Assuming I'll be putting through enough pennies to make it worth it, does anyone have any strong opinions on buying one? (hate it/think it's *enthusiastic explitive deleted* awesome), or have anything they think is a suitable alternative that they prefer instead?

Thank you for your time.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Ryedale sorter

Postby cfnnb » Sun May 22, 2011 7:55 am

I just got myself a ryedale and it is incredible. I was sorting by hand about as much as you were a week, but the machine will sort that much in 30 minutes. I highly recommend the ryedale.
cfnnb
Penny Sorter Member

Postby andrewjackson » Sun May 22, 2011 9:58 am

8-) Well this is the first post in the forum where I have seen the phrase f*****g! However I will confirm that it is an awesome machine.Please try to communicate in more intelligent language, you sound like you work for the federal reserve or something!
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 am

Worth every penny, hehe. I wouldn't sort any other way. Get one.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:28 am

My apologies for the language I didn't even think about it, and thank you for the creative censorship.

I just put in my order for one. Not sure how long it'll take but can't wait for it to get here.

Has anyone else found any other uses for it or just sorting copper/zinc pennies?
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 am

I was surprised that slipped through the word filter.. I should have caught it earlier. The original description does not begin to describe my enthusiasm for this product and the level of customer service provided by the man that makes it. I like it so much that I have 4 of them. In addition to doing a fantastic job of sorting your copper and zinc pennies, it also does a great job of sorting your Canadian nickels. When the composition changes on the US nickel you can use it to sort out the good ones.

Congrats on coming over to the dark side. Now start stocking up on unsorted pennies.. even one of these machines has more of an appetite than you can imagine. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby slickeast » Sun May 22, 2011 10:56 am

I too have 4. Nothing but positive things to say about them. Don't fudging waste your time buying any other machine.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:17 pm

The only thing I hate about my Ryedale is how often it sits not being used because it sorts so damn fast.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun May 22, 2011 3:15 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:The only thing I hate about my Ryedale is how often it sits not being used because it sorts so damn fast.

I completely agree. Thats the worst part about it
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby gojomoso » Sun May 22, 2011 3:25 pm

i would say get a ryedale, I am trying to set up a non-ryedale machine... i've saved $400... but... it's a pain in the...well...you know
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Buy one immediately!!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing