Makes cents to me

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Makes cents to me

Postby Chief » Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I've gotten many uncirculated boxes during pickups and sold them on ebay. I then use the profits from these auctions to buy coppers at about face value.
ex. $100fv uncirculated 2010's or 2011's sold at $140-160 (after fees) and buy a $100Fv copper lot. Uncirculated new pennies are worth more than copper technically. Make cents right? Am I alone in doing this?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Makes cents to me

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

You are never alone, my son.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Dad?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I thought it was time for me to reveal myself.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby gojomoso » Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 pm

what are uncirculated boxes? I know some are boxes with pennies that have never been circulated, but i've also seen some sold where they dont break the rolls but say what they see on either side of the rolls...
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing