Best Deal on Plastic Coin Deposit Bags?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Best Deal on Plastic Coin Deposit Bags?

Postby fusscharles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Folks,

We are processing a few grand a month in coins, and are looking to "dump" in bags.... What brand, model and site gives the best deal for the volume we are doing?

Also, does anyone weigh bags instead of counting the coins? Any "lessons learned" or thoughts on this?
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Best Deal on Plastic Coin Deposit Bags?

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm

I am not sure if you want the bags back but I have a great deal on canvas bags if you are interested.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby wheeler_dealer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I used to weight dump bags as it was a big time saver for me. I counted an inital bag for accuracy and then every bag there after was done to same weight. My dump bank would credit my account for any overage?shortage. I was able to dump a significant amount before I got cut off. Check with the bank first as to limits. I did many small runs with deposit slips in each bag and then I went for the BIG dump of $900.00 (18 Bags ) and the next week I was cut off permanently. I did have discrepancies in the bags in terms of dollar amounts according to the bank some over, some under however the time saving factor made it worthwhile if I did get shorted. Good luck.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CU Baker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 pm

I dump four hundred and twenty eight today at my normal dump bank. The fun part was that there was a new young teller and she could not find the pull cart that I normally use at the bank. So I went to the car and started carrying in the bags. I set two on the counter and she grab one to go start counting it. By the time she got back I had her window full of canvas bags and she came from the back and just about hit the floor. The other girls all started to laugh as I handed her my deposit slip and said I would be back later and pick up my bags. One of the older tellers that knows me quite well says that a boy Bob break her in right. Bet she trys to hide next time she sees me come in the door.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyPauper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

I ordered from US Bank Supply.250 coin lok bags with the new red coloring for $163.99 with shipping. 65.6 cents each.
Got the large 12x24 size. Received them in 3 days.
Should have ordered more to save some money,but was my first order.
Made my first deposit in bags today. That's $600 I won't have to feed into the coin counters.
Now to find a second bank that will accept fed bag deposits.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fusscharles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm

thanks folks.... did my ordering today on 10x15 coin lok bags.... ordered a digital scale- "Digital Postal Shipping Postage Bench Scales 35 lbs" from amazon.

Lets see if this works!
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fusscharles » Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Guys.... I can't remember how much a bag of $50 zincs weigh.... can some one help me!~ Bank closes in an hour ;-(
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby slickeast » Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm

27lb 10oz without the weight of the bag.

This is for $50
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fusscharles » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

lifesaver bud.... have a great weekend.
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby slickeast » Fri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat May 28, 2011 1:05 am

Best deal on Plastic coin deposit bags is to get them free from the bank. A few of my banks give them to me for free.. especially if I am hauling out a bunch of their CWR.

If you insist on purchasing them, I think General Bank Supply or US bank supply or one of those companies had them at about a buck a bag if you bought decent quantities.

With counting machines that count 4,000 coins a minute, I never put them on the scale. Most banks prefer exact count bags. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat May 28, 2011 8:12 am

I can't imagine just weighing bags and not counting them. Maybe I am old school but I have a coin counter and use plastic bags i.e. the bank does not want canvas. Not a penny more or less. I never have had a bag come back over or short. :D
Copper Catcher

Postby gojomoso » Sat May 28, 2011 9:46 am

fusscharles wrote:Hi Folks,

We are processing a few grand a month in coins, and are looking to "dump" in bags.... What brand, model and site gives the best deal for the volume we are doing?

Also, does anyone weigh bags instead of counting the coins? Any "lessons learned" or thoughts on this?

your best bet is to find a bank like BoA that gives free bags and free deposit. Otherwise there are a lot of coinlock bags at coin supply sites for cheap.
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Sat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

BofA gives me free bank bags as well but then again I only ask for two bags with each visit--small pebbles create little ripples. :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby gojomoso » Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 pm

pennypicker wrote:BofA gives me free bank bags as well but then again I only ask for two bags with each visit--small pebbles create little ripples. :D

ya plus only bringing in a bag at a time when i am also doing my normal banking keeps the ladys from scowling too much :lol:
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Number21 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:48 am

So just so I'm clear here...I can ask for coin deposit bags at bank of america, and deposit them full of coins just like an envelope full of cash? I don't have to have a special account for that? (within certain limits I'm sure)
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 pm

If you do a few here and there they are fine with it. If you do thousands they will cut you off. When you step up the volume you have to spread the dumps around a bit more. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 pm

For all you guys on a budget without a counter, I posted how to wire a counter into your Ryedale a while back. It doesn't have a batch feature (that'll be the next improvement I make.) but it is 100% accurate. Now I just gotta talk my dump bank into taking bags.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5299
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 am

ed_vantage17 wrote:For all you guys on a budget without a counter, I posted how to wire a counter into your Ryedale a while back. It doesn't have a batch feature (that'll be the next improvement I make.) but it is 100% accurate. Now I just gotta talk my dump bank into taking bags.

http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5299

Or just get a few automatic rolling machines. Machine wrapped rolls are much easier to dump at the bank than talking them into bags. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing