Up there with grilled cheese Jesus

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Up there with grilled cheese Jesus

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon May 30, 2011 8:25 pm

I wasn't looking for error coins. Stumbled on this guy's auctions when looking at fossils on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-Lincoln-cent-p ... 53ddbf393a
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Up there with grilled cheese Jesus

Postby Thogey » Mon May 30, 2011 8:28 pm

I hope he sells it!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 pm

I don't even search cents for errors unless it is the poor man's DD '55 variety or the coin makes a strange sound when bounced on a hard surface. All the post '82 pennies I find are mostly worn or corroded. I find more shiny, nice 1960's era cents than anything too. Probably one of the last respites of coin roll searching are the pennies as nickels, dimes, halves and quarters searches are regressing to nothing lately. The last holdouts are the wheats. Seems like there is always a slight chance you will find something interesting with those guys.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby bman » Mon May 30, 2011 8:50 pm

looks like it was in a parking lot for a while...Roadkill!
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Metal detector dig! That would be cool if someone bought it.

You'd see chinese reproductions.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ed_vantage17 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

I got a best offer for him but I don't know how I'm gonna ship one swift kick to the ass all the way to him.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Oh, crud. I just noticed he lives in San Antonio. This time, I promise, it's not me.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Mon May 30, 2011 11:00 pm

That's brilliant I need to start mashing up my pennies to make some extra money.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing