My first 1/4 of a ton

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

My first 1/4 of a ton

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:18 pm

When I first started hand sorting about 6 months ago I wasn't separating a lot, but I was selling pretty much all the copper that I separated. Then after selling about 100 pounds, I realized what many of you here always say about working too hard at this to sell for only 1.6 or 1.7 (give or take).

So after that first month I moved up to a Ryedale Sniper, stopped selling my copper, and my modest hoard is now at 509 pounds. I'm aiming for a ton, and probably will continue hoarding after I reach that, but I wanted to share my first 1/4 ton, and say thanks for having a great place like this available to guys like me.

Nick
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: My first 1/4 of a ton

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Way to go! I started about 6 months ago as well, but about 3 months ago I bought a Ryedale Apprentice. Man, that thing has changed the game. I'm well on my way to a ton by the end of summer. Keep up the good work.:)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby adagirl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

That is awesome! congrats! I am only at a couple hundred pounds. Maybe it is time for a Ryedale.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Way to go! I'm still working on my first 5 gallon bucket.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 pm

And you have been killing the AG around your area also. Congrats.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

An important milestone. I felt like I could quit at any time until I hit 1/4 ton...now, I have no say in the matter :D
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Congrats Nick on your milestone. We started hand sorting about the same time but unlike you I have not had the discipline to hang on to mine. I knew I was going to finally move out of California this summer and I didn't want to carry all the extra weight to the Pacific Northwest. Had I hung on to all my copper I would have had around 600 pounds. When I finally get resettled up north it will be a pleasure to keep all that I sort. Congrats again, Don. :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:And you have been killing the AG around your area also. Congrats.

thats what i thought this post was gonna be !

his first 1/4 ton of silver halves found ! :D
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby merchoarder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Congrats man! That is just awesome. Someday I hope to be able to hang with you big boys :D
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HD-Daddy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 am

Congratulations!

I started 2 months ago. I bought the ryedale and have never really hand sorted. I admire the folks who HS but for me, the ryedale is the cats azz. Haven't sold any yet got about 200 Lbs.
HD-Daddy
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing