Is the FED up to something?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Is the FED up to something?

Postby Number21 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 am

Just went through a Brinks box....28% copper not counting the wheats or canadians...
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Is the FED up to something?

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am

68Camaro wrote:
ed_vantage17 wrote:Measuing the copper "population" by such a small sample size as pocket change will see some craziness as a result of standard deviation. For any sample size to be statistically accurate, you need at least several hundred thousand trials (or pennies in this case). Just like you could flip a coin 10 times and get heads ten times in a row, but if you flip it a million times your results will be so close to 50/50 that you could bet your house on it.

Yes, there will be some craziness with limited sampling. A week without might be a bit unusual, but not rare. Two weeks without becomes more unusual. Three weeks. Four weeks. Five weeks. It's now six weeks, for me, and not just in one area, but over a random range of geography from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale. At some point this starts to become significant. I'm not saying there are none to be found. I'm just saying that they seem to be becoming rarer, rather suddenly, and more signficantly so.

In your location I would lean more towards a person or group exporting rather than the fed doing anything...
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing