Avidbrandy

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Avidbrandy

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Today I had the honor of eating lunch with another realcent member, the first time for me to meet another person on this board. Avidbrandy is a young man serving his country in the Air Force, currently an Airman First Class. We ate Mongolian at a restaurant near his base. You guys do know that San Antonio is known as Military City, USA, don't you? Lots of the good guys here, AF and Army, with other services coming through for training.

So Avidbrandy sees what is happening to our money and is trying to do something about it. Glad to see someone in the next generation who gets it.

I would encourage all of you who know of other members in your area to meet up. (I know that some of you have been doing that for much longer than I've been a member here.) Develop your relationships; add to your knowledge base; swap war stories; have fun.

Hey Chris of San Antonio, next time, why don't you join Avidbrandy and I for lunch? Shoot, any of you guys in Austin/Central Texas/Hill Country/South Texas...Houston...DFW...let's meet up. How about a Saturday lunch on San Antonio's scenic Riverwalk followed by a tour of the Alamo?

We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. Ben Franklin
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Avidbrandy

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm up for any of that.

Yea today was great. It's inspiring to meet other people who understand, as it's very uncommon it seems. I have only 1 coworker who I think really understands as well, and only 2 others who I think are capable of really getting it. I would love to meet up again sometime for lunch with you, or any other members in the nearby area.

Thank you for the delicious lunch, and I apologize for having the bring my friend. I got my car fixed though by the time I got off work.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

No need to apologize. It was nice meeting two chaps in the AF.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

I've always wanted to meet a fellow realcenter. Let me know next time you would like to have a lunch.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby oktyabyr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 am

Would be nice. We may have to plan a San Antonio day. Drive down from Fort Worth. Haven't met anyone off here, but there are a few in my area.
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby daviscfad » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm

yea get together's are fun. you guys should look into coming to the 4th annual get together
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 am

where is that at? and when?
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 am

it will be sometime next year. i dont know where its at yet highroller usually does them
Spencer Davis

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

avidbrandy wrote:where is that at? and when?

This year's event was held in conjunction with a coin show in May in Denver. Unfortunately, I could not attend. I believe those that went also went on a tour of the Denver Mint. I would like to go next year, but a May date is not the best for me.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:37 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

This year's event was held in conjunction with a coin show in May in Denver. Unfortunately, I could not attend. I believe those that went also went on a tour of the Denver Mint. I would like to go next year, but a May date is not the best for me.

We were supposed to go to the mint but only fasteddy and copper catcher made it
Spencer Davis

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 pm

daviscfad wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

We were supposed to go to the mint but only fasteddy and copper catcher made it

The rest of Us got a fast ride but still late about 15 minutes. we also harassed the Gift Shop clerks a little.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing