The Old Sorters Club

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: The Old Sorters Club

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am

I started in 2009 and still seeing 23-30% cu. I'm also addicted to it.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Heartkill » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm a relatively new member here still, but I lurked the old site for a good 2 years before signing up to contribute. I have learned so much from all of the wonderful members here. From getting started into scrap metal, sorting copper pennies and hunting for silver, it would not have been possible if not for all of you here!
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Postby sparechange » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:24 pm

I am an "old" sorter, but new to the "club". What a blast!!
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Very nice to hear how this forum has advanced through the years. Its a tight knit community of of people who have lost a marble or 2 !

I remember there was a guy, Maduo I think, who did the .999 nickel thing in Canada before the Government got into the business. I think his operation turned something like $100,000 in profits.

Lots of interesting stories buried in that old forum. One guy found a 1909-S VDB I think as well!
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Robarons wrote:I remember there was a guy, Maduo I think, who did the .999 nickel thing in Canada before the Government got into the business. I think his operation turned something like $100,000 in profits.

yea MaDeuce put on some pretty cool pics

he was the perfect example of someone who saw the small window of oppurtunity and went after it

that was almost 4 years ago now...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby newtopos » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

aloneibreak wrote:
Robarons wrote:I remember there was a guy, Maduo I think, who did the .999 nickel thing in Canada before the Government got into the business. I think his operation turned something like $100,000 in profits.

yea MaDeuce put on some pretty cool pics

he was the perfect example of someone who saw the small window of oppurtunity and went after it

that was almost 4 years ago now...

Speaking of MaDeuce, does anyone here run anything more heavy duty than a Ryedale? Reading through his old posts, I saw posts about modified Reis and Scan Coin machines, etc. (I know the Ryedale is the king of accuracy and reliability and Andy is fantastic, but I believe there are some sorters using bigger, faster machines.) If anyone falls into that category, I'd love to hear from you. (PM is fine.)
newtopos

Postby Robarons » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:35 am

Their used to be a variety of sorters before Ryedale's machines took the show.

I dont recall because you would only here a couple here and there, but nothing to stick out.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing