Why Would You Consider Buying a Ryedale?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Why Would You Consider Buying a Ryedale?

To increase the speed of my sorting
42%
I'm tired of handsorting
No votes
It just seems like it would be alot of fun
7%
In order to create a business, sell the sorts
11%
To increase the size of my hoard
22%
To give myself free time to enjoy other things
9%
Other, please explain
9%

Total votes : 45

Re: Why Would You Consider Buying a Ryedale?

Postby CU Baker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 pm

I started with a popsicle stick, moved on to the ryedale ace bought at auction here. The next step was to trade the ace in for the rydale sniper. Sold enough Cu to pay for a scan coin 303, because of the great advice I got here at realcent about cleaning out the junk before I sort. Next I traded some junk silver and a couple of SAE for my apprentice and sold my sniper for more then I paid for it. I love the ability to double sort and getting Pm's that not one zinc was found in my last shipment to a customer when he rerun for a copper verification. Still at the same time building up my hoard and loving the fact that if I need an answer about something it's freely given around here. The biggest plus for me is that it"s just plain fun and I get a lot of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: from a lot of you. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby adagirl » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 pm

avidbrandy wrote:I realized that copper was somethings I wanted to invest in and did the math. It pays itself off in less than 2 months for the amount I'm able to do now even if I sold at 1.6. Decided to buy because I plan on holding on to the copper.

I struggled with should I buy a Ryedale or not, and how can I justify this purchase besides the fact that it would be really cool. Doing the math, makes it real easy to jusify the purchase. It takes me longer to unwrap the wrappers than it does the Ryedale to sort them. You will have to get and have continued access to large volumes of pennies, and with that the machine will pay itself off in no time. So far I sort $200 at a time.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScottyTX » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:20 pm

ahh just simply because I'm just plain lazy most of the time when I come home for a week, the faster I can sort them the better. You would think for someone who only works 5 1/2 months out of the year I could tear up some pennies :) I'm seriously slacking and need a big kick in the rear to get me moving I guess.

Scott
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing