2011 Shield Pennies

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2011 Shield Pennies

Postby HoldingAg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just started my machine sorting (Ryedale Apprentice) endeavor tonight! My wife picked up my first $200fv order from my bank today. To my disappointment, when I opened my first box, there were about 20 rolls of BU 2011 Shield Pennies (no mint mark). I quickly scanned the tops of the other 7 boxes, and it looks like I have around 75-100 rolls of these stupid things. Its funny because the one box, has maybe 1 roll that I can see of anything other than a Shield.

I know there are at least 2 more threads up offering Shields, but I figured I would see if anyone wants them before I just take them back as is to the bank, because I don't want to open them. I opened 1 roll and they are all shiny and BU. PM me, I know I am new, but I have references and e-bay feedback. Best Offer gets them, you pay shipping.

BTW, I only ran $50 fv through the Ryedale, and about 50fv of hand sorted coppers, and man, I LOVE THIS THING!

Thanks,
HoldingAg
Remember... Even A Slow Drip Can Fill A Bucket!
HoldingAg

Re: 2011 Shield Pennies

Postby Number21 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:06 am

You'll have a lot better luck selling new pennies on ebay than you will here. This forum is full of cheap skates like me who like their pennies at face value. Ebay, on the other hand, is full of idiots with too much money. ;)
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 am

Looks like there are few buyers on ebay above $35 for a box like these (I'm getting them too, now, box after box... grrrrrh!!!). Seems like more trouble then it would be worth to market them, after considering fees. I'm just going to try to take them back.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fasteddy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 am

I have P/U about 40 boxes so far...some i have traded here on RC others I have sold on feebay until the bids stop going over $40 the rest are stacked for disposal later. What really sucks is getting a dozen boxes of dirty rolled 2011 D's...Hey Hoard you want any more? :mrgreen:
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby GTOJohn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:33 pm

the shields are taking over - another two boxes today.
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoldingAg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Ok, so I now have 83face of these stupid things. If anyone wants them, let me know before the end of next week, if I get no interest I will take them back to the bank as is.

Thanks guys,
HoldingAg
Remember... Even A Slow Drip Can Fill A Bucket!
HoldingAg

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:33 am

fasteddy wrote:I have P/U about 40 boxes so far...some i have traded here on RC others I have sold on feebay until the bids stop going over $40 the rest are stacked for disposal later. What really sucks is getting a dozen boxes of dirty rolled 2011 D's...Hey Hoard you want any more? :mrgreen:

I haven't even processed the last ones you sent yet.. and I am starting to get solid boxed of D mints at some of my pickups now that I have some.

I might just have to buy HoldingAg's zincs if they are P mint. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby GTOJohn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 pm

just found a box that had 1/2 of the rolls all new 2011s, and 1/2 of the rolls are good, old fashioned, mixed, dirty, coppers and zincs........
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing