Had to wait in line at the ZincArcade today

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Had to wait in line at the ZincArcade today

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Seems a fellow coin hoarder decided to dump his dimes during my usual Sat morning run. Of all the nerve! :lol:

There was no professional jealousy though, since he is all Ag and I'm Cu. We had a pleasant chat, and commiserated over the current lack of reliable supply and what not. I can only imagine what was going through the branch manager's mind, as she could hear every word that was said.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Had to wait in line at the ZincArcade today

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:13 pm

That is too funny.

I went to a new "known" dump bank today for the first time and 2 machines were nice because I filled the first one up and just finished on the second one while the clerk emptied the first one. Then I waited in line FOREVER... What a busy Staurday bank that was... :)
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 am

Guys....gotta stay under the RADAR! The last thing you want to do is lose your dump bank. The more attention you draw to yourself, the more chances that some bank employee might use you to take out his/her frustrations on. I dumped about $100 once...once...and had the whole freakin' branch talking and asking me questions...not no more...2 box/1 bag sort limit per branch when I do a dump. I average 28% so that makes my dumps roughly $36 at a time. Back under the radar to where I wanna be.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Normally I'd agree, but this dude was dumping major amounts of dimes, multiple trips to the car. And, they had the Arcade unlocked & opened for him so he could change his own filled counted coin bags...so my guess was they knew what he was doing. They're cool at that branch. They know I'm hoarding copper.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Still.... gotta agree with TJCF. Eventually, everybody and their brothers starting to sort/hoard is gonna close a lot of doors to us.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:25 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Guys....gotta stay under the RADAR! The last thing you want to do is lose your dump bank. The more attention you draw to yourself, the more chances that some bank employee might use you to take out his/her frustrations on. I dumped about $100 once...once...and had the whole freakin' branch talking and asking me questions...not no more...2 box/1 bag sort limit per branch when I do a dump. I average 28% so that makes my dumps roughly $36 at a time. Back under the radar to where I wanna be.

Man, I wish I could average $36 dumps. I keep it under $1000 in cents. That's a lot of $36 trips, hehe. When I bring in less than $500 they ask questions. Like, "That's it?", "You're slacking on us!", or "What happened, you quitting on us?"

But, discussing you business (Morsecode) for all to hear is risky. Next time, have lunch....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing