First Box Ever...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

First Box Ever...

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 pm

And I get a box of strings 2010p SHIELDS!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

2 Questions for you guys...

1) Will another bank look at me funny if I return an opened box with 23$ worth of untouched rolls

and

2) Is there any use in even saving the 2$ that i took out?

I figure I'll just tell the bank (that Ive never gone to) that someone thought it would be a funny joke if they paid me the 25$ debt they owed me with a box of pennies, and that they looked pretty, so I kept the other rolls...or something like that...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: First Box Ever...

Postby fasteddy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:01 pm

:o :) dump 'em at the grocery store...
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Cant be bothered with the 9% (or whatever it is) Coinstar fee, and would like to re-invest in more pennies to sort haha...

I have another 1600 zincs I keep rolling up and cashing out then using that to buy more rolls at various banks, slowly dwindling down as my copper bucket fills...And I may just save the box for a later date, seeing as they are already posted (but not necessarily selling) on feebay...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Just try it and see what happens.. I'm sure they will take them. One thing though, make sure it is your dump bank. Next time I get a box of zincs I'll try that. I hardly do boxes, mostly bags... But the last 3 I got I just busted them open (after looking at the ends) and dumped them. I'm hitting my dump bank 4 times a week and as long as I'm under the daily limit... who cares!.. I'm using their service and "I'm" the customer... lol

dump them all.... because as you will soon find out.. zincs slow the cash flow... not the hoard!!! hehehehe..
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Ya, I always dump rolls at my local Bank of America, as I quite despise them haha...

Ill drop by a new branch tomorrow (in case they don't accept it for whatever reason, which I doubt, as I've got an account there) with the box and see what they can do, then head directly for a nicer local bank and swap out some FRN for something more worthwhile
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Verbane » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:33 pm

fasteddy wrote::o :) dump 'em at the grocery store...

I believe he meant buy groceries with them... The last thing you want to do is pay Coinstar fees.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Verbane wrote:
fasteddy wrote::o :) dump 'em at the grocery store...

I believe he meant buy groceries with them... The last thing you want to do is pay Coinstar fees.

ahh, I just went shopping today too :( , would have loved to see their face when I paid for beer and meat with a box haha

I want another box though, and may try picking up two tomorrow, if it happens again, I'm sticking with the smaller CWR orders and staying away from the vaulted boxes in my area...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:27 am

Pay for gas or snacks with rolls, might get some coppers in return!
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 am

Oakair wrote:And I get a box of strings 2010p SHIELDS!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

2 Questions for you guys...

1) Will another bank look at me funny if I return an opened box with 23$ worth of untouched rolls

and

2) Is there any use in even saving the 2$ that i took out?

I figure I'll just tell the bank (that Ive never gone to) that someone thought it would be a funny joke if they paid me the 25$ debt they owed me with a box of pennies, and that they looked pretty, so I kept the other rolls...or something like that...

this doesn't happen that often. Don't let them scare you away!
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:24 pm

I saved 14 rolls and traded it out for a new box...

It yielded 15% and only 6 wheats...I may need to find a new pick-up location!

Tomorrow I get at least a box and at least 50$ in nickels...Hopefully I get better yields this time around!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Don't get frustrated. Keep getting bank boxes and I think you should start getting better percentages. This sounds like a fluke to me. With pennies I have had much better luck with bank boxes over customer wrapped. I find a lot of CWR to be extra filthy and often short. I know that others here have better luck with CWR, but up in this neck of the woods I am in the 25-30% range on bank boxes so I am just sticking with that for now. At least until I can find a place to sell me some dang bags!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Pulled out 9 wheats and 27%...

Much better!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing