penny buy results

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

penny buy results

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:01 pm

I bought a box of pennies for 105.00 last week and just finished sorting them so I wanted to post the results.
19.27 pounds copper
37.48 pounds zinc
3.25 pounds 82's (need to bounce test)
23 wheats
12 Canadian
$15.35 in quarters,dimes and nickels
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Re: penny buy results

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm comming up with about $116.17FV (assuming the 82's are all zinc).

Ya'll can check my math.

But you made good on this deal.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

I think it was a good deal for both of us. I think that 105.00 was probable about what he would have gotten from coinstar and I was able to get the copper and wheats. I wanted a good deal but I did not want to cheat him either.

I did find a 1994D penny that has like a dashed line that runs from the D up to the U in trust, it runs on the same curve as the outer edge of the penny. It looks uncirculated so I do not know if it was somthing when it was made or somthing later
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey man, good job.

Always be a square dealer. One big takedown will not help in the long run.

Remember the copper have a market price of at least 1.5X FV
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing