In Spirit

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

In Spirit

Postby motos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am

Hey guys. It's been a while since I have made a post but I have been lurking.

So it pains me greatly to report that I have not been able to sort very little this summer. I took an internship in VT and my regular BoA does not exist up there. So I opened up a dummy account at TD Bank. Got two boxes from them rather easily in the first weekend but the next weekend I ventured in, cashed my check, and asked for pennies and got a we don't have any right now give us your number and we'll call you. Waited two weeks and didn't hear a word.

Called them up and wasn't able to reach the head teller but left a voice-mail. Still haven't heard back from her. That's just plain rude. So my internship ends Aug 19. I can't wait to get home and SORT.

Until then I am with you guys in spirit!

-motos
An economist's guess is liable to be as good as anybody else's. - Will Rogers
motos
Penny Sorter Member

Re: In Spirit

Postby motos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am

Oh I also forgot to report I was able to sell my hoard off back on June 1 for 2.0 cents each. Ka-ching!
motos
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NDFarmer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 pm

That's a pretty good price how did you manage that?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby motos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Sorry for late reply.

Searching craigslist for a wheat penny buyer. Made a transaction with a gentleman from a town over and I asked near the end if he was interested in bulk copper. He looked skeptical at first but then asked how much I had. Told him 350 lbs and he nearly fell over. Not that that was a large amount of pennies by any means but I don't think he was expecting a kid (21 years old) to be vested in such a thing as pennies.

He offered 2.5x off the bat and I agreed but I knew he wasn't up to date with prices so I figured another offer would come and it did. He said that he looked at prices again and offered 2.0x. Can't beat that anywhere. Not by a long shot.

Best part is when we met up for the last transaction I asked if he would be continuously interested in copper I had and he said he would take it all.

So now my circle is complete. Pick-up banks, dump bank, and buyer.
motos
Penny Sorter Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:04 pm

In the business world we call that WINNING!
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby gilpo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 am

I think that qualifies as an epic win. You should use the profits off the pennies to buy silver and gold. I'm definitely jealous.
gilpo

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing