Interesting Query

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Interesting Query

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:13 pm

When people get 2010-2011 pennies when they request their boxes, would this indicate that the supply of circulated pennies in one area has suffered a "population crash" of sorts? When we take coppers out of circulation, would this factor hasten the introduction of new pennies into the money stream?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Interesting Query

Postby Chief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 pm

I think, in my area, there are enough coppers to go around. If I get solid 2010/11's, they are easy enough to trade at another bank for $25 each. Otherwise, all the boxes I are a solid 30% coppers. I dread the day when it goes down to 15% coppers. Hopefully years away.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 pm

cesariojpn wrote:When people get 2010-2011 pennies when they request their boxes, would this indicate that the supply of circulated pennies in one area has suffered a "population crash" of sorts? When we take coppers out of circulation, would this factor hasten the introduction of new pennies into the money stream?

I've had tellers inform me that their managers specifically order the new boxes because "everyone likes the shiny pennies."
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:33 pm

beauanderos wrote:I've had tellers inform me that their managers specifically order the new boxes because "everyone likes the shiny pennies."

Interesting, at least my branch managers know that I don't want shiny, new pennies.
Ray, have you stopped sorting for copper or have you found another steady supply of pennies? I just know that recently you had some problems with picking up pennies.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing