EXPORTING TO USA

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

EXPORTING TO USA

Postby brexzz1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Does anyone know the limit in ($ or lbs) for exporting pennies to the USA from Canada?
brexzz1
Penny Sorter Member

Re: EXPORTING TO USA

Postby psi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 pm

$10,000 without making a declaration to customs.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm

I asked the Canada Border Services Agency and they said--

CBSA-ASFC_CONTACT contact@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca to jkft
show details Jun 24
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) appreciates your interest in ensuring that you meet the Cross Border Currency Reporting requirements upon exiting Canada. As you may be aware, the CBSA is responsible for the administration and enforcement of Part II of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act. Part II requires the reporting of currency or monetary instruments in the actual possession of a person arriving in or departing from Canada. Each traveller is responsible for his or her own declaration.

There are no restrictions on the amount of currency or monetary instruments that you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. However, you have to report to the CBSA amounts equal to or greater than CAN$10,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency. If you require further information on the CBSA’s Cross Border Currency Reporting Program, please visit our Web site at
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-sec ... u-eng.html

For information regarding the importation of coins into the United States, we suggest that you contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection for assistance with this matter at http://www.cbp.gov ,
or 1-703-526-4200.

We trust that this information is useful to you. Thank you for contacting the Canada Border Services Agency.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby brexzz1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks guys.

Is their a limit on what we can send trough the mail? From Canada to USA. Or would that be the same thing?
brexzz1
Penny Sorter Member

Postby nero12345 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 am

I've been sending nickels to the states for awhile now, usually 60 pounds at a time and have never ran into any issue's. I label thema tool and die machine blanks to stop light fingers from walking off with it. I've often wondered how much I could drive across without getting to much susspition.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:31 am

brexzz1 wrote:Thanks guys.

Is their a limit on what we can send trough the mail? From Canada to USA. Or would that be the same thing?

$10,000 without declaring it. Anytime anything crosses the border it has to be declared over $10,000.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 am

FYI, it would be value, not face value..........
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing