Dirty Comment Made by Cute Teller

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dirty Comment Made by Cute Teller

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Okay, had to share this. Thought it was cute (she thought it was hilarious, was laughing her head off - if she'd been drinking milk it would have been blowing out her nose - while it took me a moment to get it). Was dumping $50 of zincs at the Bank of America and the teller next to mine leans over and says "where'd you get all those dirty pennies? Been jumping into lots of fountains?" :) :oops:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Dirty Comment Made by Cute Teller

Postby Corsair » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm

beauanderos wrote:Okay, had to share this. Thought it was cute (she thought it was hilarious, was laughing her head off - if she'd been drinking milk it would have been blowing out her nose - while it took me a moment to get it). Was dumping $50 of zincs at the Bank of America and the teller next to mine leans over and says "where'd you get all those dirty pennies? Been jumping into lots of fountains?" :) :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 am

Coins in quantity tend to periodically draw comments.

Before I was into coin sorting, or more during a hiatus of it (used to pick out US pennies as a teen
when the US$ was worth more than the CDN$) I have even made a similar joke myself.

I was running a table selling fansubs on VHS at a local anime club event and these 2 teenage girls
come up with all this change, mostly dimes and nickels, some quarters. I said: "Say, you 2 don't
know anything about those broken parking meters outside do you?" They were amused, 14 yr olds
are always good for a few giggles. :D
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:10 am

i was expecting something more along the lines of, is that a roll of quarters in your pocket or . . .
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:15 pm

I suspect that there is something about a large amount of coins that many women are attracted to. Might have something to do with an association with pirates :-D

Check out this news story:
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a3 ... coins.html
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing