Just hit the mother (copper penny) lode

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Just hit the mother (copper penny) lode

Postby HPMBTT » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am

HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 am

Is that a copy of Patriots by James Wesley Rawles on your workbench? Have you finished it? Was it any good? Is the plot rather predictable?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HPMBTT » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Is that a copy of Patriots by James Wesley Rawles on your workbench? Have you finished it? Was it any good? Is the plot rather predictable?

Hahaha...I was wondering if anybody would actually notice that. :) I intentionally brought the camera angle back farther so that it could be in the picture. The answer is a resounding YES. And yes, it's excellent and well-told from a prepper's point of view. The book really makes you think, not to mention that it gives you ideas on how one would prepare themselves, even for simple things that do happen locally (ie FL hurricane, NH ice storm. Not in the book, but I'm pointing them out as examples). One is able to step back and see the bigger picture. Highly recommended; I even grabbed an extra copy at a discounted price when Border's Books was going out of business.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CoinHuntingObsession » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

bah! I have gotten 2 batches like that this summer.
seriously, though, nice find.
CoinHuntingObsession
Penny Pincher Member

Postby martykatz01 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 pm

anyone know any good coin shops in kc?
martykatz01

Postby chainsawarman1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Me and my dad shorted $50 in pennies its takes alot of time.
Found a 1926 & a 1927 wheat
chainsawarman1

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:24 pm

HPMBTT wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Is that a copy of Patriots by James Wesley Rawles on your workbench? Have you finished it? Was it any good? Is the plot rather predictable?

Hahaha...I was wondering if anybody would actually notice that. :) I intentionally brought the camera angle back farther so that it could be in the picture. The answer is a resounding YES. And yes, it's excellent and well-told from a prepper's point of view. The book really makes you think, not to mention that it gives you ideas on how one would prepare themselves, even for simple things that do happen locally (ie FL hurricane, NH ice storm. Not in the book, but I'm pointing them out as examples). One is able to step back and see the bigger picture. Highly recommended; I even grabbed an extra copy at a discounted price when Border's Books was going out of business.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will try to find it cheap. I read there are sequels out too.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HPMBTT » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Shinnosuke...actually, there aren't any sequels. He does have another novel coming out October 4 called, "Survivors: A novel of the coming collapse". However, it doesn't take place after 'Patriots'. Merely, the new novel will take place in different locales during the same time period. I'm looking forward to reading it.

You can buy a copy of Patriots from Amazon; I think the price is only around 8 bucks, which is very reasonable. I recommend the hard copy, as it's a perfect book to place on the living room table; a nice conversation starter, for sure. :)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing