Unexpected source of cents

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Unexpected source of cents

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:18 am

In another thread,, I'm getting pissed that a Borders near me has been throwing out metal items and electronics that they have deemed to be "junk" and wantonly throwing it out.

Again, I peek in due to the location closing within a few days for good, and again, after repeated mentions to the fixture manager to sell me any metal bits they will throw out (or to allow me to pickup for free), they dump a whole crapload of metal brackets fittings, and whatnot. On a day when I was 5 minutes from the store on some work related business.

Friggin frustrating.

But, as the saying goes......

After buying some office supplies (Mailers and box cutters), I made the casual gesture to the FM that if they would be willing to sell me their rolled coins from their safe on closing day. She said she would "consider it, after some review."

So, here's hoping that I can score at least some copper cents and maybe some silver outta this whole mess.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Unexpected source of cents

Postby adagirl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:59 pm

good luck
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby tinhorn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:51 am

"consider it, after some review."!?!

Maybe the manager will short-circuit the process for you with a special meeting to determine if they should sell their cash register change. Kinda easy to see why this chain hit the skids, eh?

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who want to get things done, and those who enjoy playing the role. Role-players will drag out the game for as long as possible to hold onto the feeling that they're important. They waste your time and energy. Cut them out of your life.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:52 pm

tinhorn wrote:"consider it, after some review."!?!

Maybe the manager will short-circuit the process for you with a special meeting to determine if they should sell their cash register change. Kinda easy to see why this chain hit the skids, eh?

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who want to get things done, and those who enjoy playing the role. Role-players will drag out the game for as long as possible to hold onto the feeling that they're important. They waste your time and energy. Cut them out of your life.

Well, the liquidation process with Borders has pretty much been a crap shoot. Some folks I talked to have told me since the "final round" was done by different guys than the "first and second rounds", it's been a heck of a mess. They had better experiences with the other guys than these guys (Hilco?)

I got $34 in rolls ($5 in cents, $4 in Nickels, $15 in dimes, and one roll of Quarters). Ran thru the other coins, nothing. Seeing how the pennies will do today.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing