Don't give up on Coin Shops!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Don't give up on Coin Shops!

Postby aristobolus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am

My sister has acquired my love for Lincolns. She recently purchased four ten dollar bags from a shop that quite frankly looks like a Jewelry store. Mostly Gold and Silver coins, but they do occasionally get pennies which they swear they do not sort through. Well they don't! The first bag she sorted through had ALL TEENS, TWENTIES AND THIRTEES! The second bag had fully have with "S" mintmarks. She has yet to go through the other two bags, but I told her that she has already made a tidy profit!

Most likely someone died, and their surviving family member (spouse, child, etc) turned these in. Whatever the case, more and more dealers really don't feel like fooling with these pennies. They buy them for two cents a piece, and sell them for four. It's at least worth a try!
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Re: Don't give up on Coin Shops!

Postby daviscfad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 am

Sounds like a good source for now.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Don't give up on Coin Shops!

Postby everything » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I was going to revisit my local coin places and see what the deal is with wheats. If someone brings in allot, I can definitely see it. One day I saw someone bring in a bag, dump them and leave, I bought them immediately but did not find much. I'm going to stop by the place that was selling them to me for two cents each and see if they will still do that. It's true they don't want anything to do with pennies .. What do they know that we don't is the question, probably just time, and storage..
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing