Girlfriend

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Girlfriend

Postby balz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Anyone here has trouble with their gf trying to explain what you're doing buying silver, stacking pennies, buying gold, etc.?
balz
Penny Collector Member

Re: Girlfriend

Postby Nickelmeister » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 pm

My fiancee thought I was mildly crazy... until she met the guys in Denver and that confirmed it!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't have a fiancee/girlfriend anymore. I have a big fat wife who thinks I'm a waste of airspace. (airspace she constantly tries to monopolize).
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby balz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 pm

I don't know what to do with mine. Tried to explain everything there is to know about inflation, fiat money are how it will all collapse soon... I'd be speaking chinese I think it would be the same.

Now I'm on a deal... I have the chance to buy a 2,400$ worth collection for 2,000$ and need some of her money... and it's like I was asking her to go to the moon with me... Totally clueless...

Sometimes I believe we guys are too intelligent for the other sex.

But don't tell her I said that! ;)
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby chris6084 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:56 am

Mine thinks I am crazy and just accepts it. It is all I can do to keep her from talking about all the money (pennies) laying all over the house.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 am

Don't you guys realize that she thinks any money not spent on her is wasted? She might have even accused you of spending all your money on coins to sort.. not realizing you are not buying those coins, but renting them until you can sort them and return them to the bank. She would much rather you spend the money on flowers.. so they can die.

Best advice I can give is to occasionally sell off some of the coins you sorted and spend the money taking her out. Be sure to tell her the evening is financed by your sorting operation. Then she will be more apt to get behind your hobby. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:36 am

I haven't found the right woman.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 am

Nickelmeister wrote:My fiancee thought I was mildly crazy... until she met the guys in Denver and that confirmed it!

HEY, I resemble that remark.

I am single and loving it. My daughter is the only female in my life and she is sooo excited that we are going to a small coin show next weekend.

I think the key is to have someone that is like minded about saving for the future. If she takes your coppers to the bank to "cash" them in to buy shoes, you are in trouble.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby adagirl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:56 am

My wife doesn't have a clue. She says she does, but she doesn't. The pennies all over the house, don't make the house look pretty, so they are a problem. I love my daughter, hence my screen name here on RC, but man do I miss the days of being single. My hoard would be 10x-20x larger right now. Women are a huge distraction in my book. When the s__t hits the fan, some of them will wake up, but until then it is the same ole same ole, where's the next sale, I need to add another pair of shoes to my collection of 500. For those of you that are not married, cherish every freaking moment of it man!
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:07 am

Mrs Rodebaugh puts up with a lot of coin stuff every single day. God Bless that gal, for she is a strong, understanding, and smoking hot to boot.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:23 am

My wife thinks I am mildly crazy, but she is cool with coins as long they are "increasing our net worth." I have to remind her of this often. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby schockergd » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 am

My wife is more than fine with me collecting/stacking. She isn't a fan of the space it takes up (nor am I) but she knows it makes money and is something to put back for my daughter's inheritance/college fund.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby balz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Don't you guys realize that she thinks any money not spent on her is wasted? She might have even accused you of spending all your money on coins to sort.. not realizing you are not buying those coins, but renting them until you can sort them and return them to the bank. She would much rather you spend the money on flowers.. so they can die.

Best advice I can give is to occasionally sell off some of the coins you sorted and spend the money taking her out. Be sure to tell her the evening is financed by your sorting operation. Then she will be more apt to get behind your hobby. :mrgreen:

I like the idea!
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby kagarise » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 pm

haha you just need to find the right one
my finace got a job as a branch manager with chase about 6 months ago
i love it haha she brings home at least a little bit to sort everynight
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:39 pm

I consider myself VERY lucky. Not married yet, hehe, but the girlfriend is completely behind me and my "issues". While she has nothing to do with the sorting or anything, she never gives me a hard time about it. Sometimes she comments on the unsorted pile, but it is more along the lines of, "Wow, you have a lot of sorting to do," or something to that effect. She tells me to tell my other "girlfriends" hello for her. I do try to keep things tidy in my sorting/storing area though.

That being said, she wants for very little. If she asks for something, which is very rare, I ALWAYS deliver. Between all the guns and coins, and the time and money those hobbies take up, it is the least I can do.

In fact, the only household chores I have is that I cook and take out the trash. No cleaning, no washing, nothing. She works four days a week and I work six, so she does the domestic stuff on her days off while I'm working. And she even delivers me lunch on Sundays! Perfect.

What am I waiting for....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm

NotABigDeal wrote:I consider myself VERY lucky. Not married yet, hehe, but the girlfriend is completely behind me and my "issues". While she has nothing to do with the sorting or anything, she never gives me a hard time about it. Sometimes she comments on the unsorted pile, but it is more along the lines of, "Wow, you have a lot of sorting to do," or something to that effect. She tells me to tell my other "girlfriends" hello for her. I do try to keep things tidy in my sorting/storing area though.

That being said, she wants for very little. If she asks for something, which is very rare, I ALWAYS deliver. Between all the guns and coins, and the time and money those hobbies take up, it is the least I can do.

In fact, the only household chores I have is that I cook and take out the trash. No cleaning, no washing, nothing. She works four days a week and I work six, so she does the domestic stuff on her days off while I'm working. And she even delivers me lunch on Sundays! Perfect.

What am I waiting for....

Deal

Her to find a dress in camo patern ;)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Ah, the luxurious life of bachelorhood...
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Corsair wrote:Ah, the luxurious life of bachelorhood...

lucky bastard
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby CU Baker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 pm

I guess I'am bless. My girlfriend will pick up at the bank when I can not,take in zinc dumps, unwraps rolls, flip sorted coin for wheats and cunucks, and she is also a dang good cook. When a package comes in the mail she asks what did we buy this time and takes the time to look and ask questions. She also has her daughter looking for copper, wheats and silver where she works. This one understands. :D
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:58 pm

adagirl wrote:

lucky bastard

I was thinking the same thing!! :lol:

You know the old saying be careful what you wish for you might get it. I always thought I wanted to be married. I didn't know how good I had it when I was single.

If you are single STAY THAT WAY!!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
adagirl wrote:

lucky bastard

I was thinking the same thing!! :lol:

You know the old saying be careful what you wish for you might get it. I always thought I wanted to be married. I didn't know how good I had it when I was single.

If you are single STAY THAT WAY!!!

Amen brother!
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:22 pm

No wife. No kids. No worries.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby adagirl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 pm

smart man!
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 pm

balz wrote:I don't know what to do with mine. Tried to explain everything there is to know about inflation, fiat money are how it will all collapse soon... I'd be speaking chinese I think it would be the same.

Now I'm on a deal... I have the chance to buy a 2,400$ worth collection for 2,000$ and need some of her money... and it's like I was asking her to go to the moon with me... Totally clueless...

Sometimes I believe we guys are too intelligent for the other sex.

But don't tell her I said that! ;)

RED FLAG!! Sound general quarters!! AaaOOOgah! AaaOOOgah! AaaOOOgah!!

Can you spell PALIMONY?? P A L I M O N Y. Slang for the legal equivalent of ALIMONY, only it is for non-married live-together couples who COMMINGLED their assets and now are splitting up and need a judge to sort it out. Do you want her to claim HALF of all your coin assets??! She may be able to IF she can prove her money went into the kitty to buy them.

This is just my opinion, but it is a very bad, bad, bad idea to mix your girlfriend's money into your investments... Wait until you are really married for that one!

I say this as a very happily married man. Our 34th anniversary is in November. Yeah, I had a lot more money single, but now I am surrounded by a loving family who honor me as their elder.

"Man has two heads, but only enough blood to operate one at a time!" Robin Williams :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:05 am

There are many reasons for investing in PM's. One of mine is the wife doesn't understand them much and leaves them alone. Otherwise, she would have spent them, too, a long time ago.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing