NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Postby cupronickel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:01 pm

I just saw the lead Yahoo story. OMG !
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm

buck says glenn Beck talks about it next week...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tinhorn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:18 pm

tinhorn wrote:I've got some on Ebay, with auctions running for the next several days. Sales have been dismal--I'll let ya know if things change.

Well, things changed, alright. All four of today's auctions sold.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:22 pm

tinhorn wrote:
tinhorn wrote:I've got some on Ebay, with auctions running for the next several days. Sales have been dismal--I'll let ya know if things change.

Well, things changed, alright. All four of today's auctions sold.

Awesome!!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I thought that Joe, Adam, Franklin and the crew did an excellent job. Where the heck is Thogey to say this??? Bully!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:45 pm

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby s3p2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:57 pm

I like to that see all the DA comments on yahoo. I really don't want everyone thinking this is a good idea. Yahoo gets a LOT more viewers than nightline at 11:30pm on a friday night. This yahoo story is what worries me. The more who don't get it, and the more negative comments are better for us hoarders who are not ready to cash in yet. I've got a lot more cents to add to my collection before everyone gets in.
s3p2

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 am

s3p2 wrote:I like to that see all the DA comments on yahoo. I really don't want everyone thinking this is a good idea. Yahoo gets a LOT more viewers than nightline at 11:30pm on a friday night. This yahoo story is what worries me. The more who don't get it, and the more negative comments are better for us hoarders who are not ready to cash in yet. I've got a lot more cents to add to my collection before everyone gets in.

The way I look at it is that most people will not have the extra $$ to tie up in a scheme that may yield them maybe 50% gross on their principal after major costs are accounted for. That is if they can go about getting that 50% easily too. We may see more fringe increase and the Hubbert moment will be met when a few more 1%'ers decide to start seriously hoarding copper cents. The fact that we still can find silver junk coins attests to the fact that most people will just forget about collecting boxes of copper cents. Now, if Oprah came out and said she bought a few pallets of copper coins from one of our RC guys here, then we are screwed. :o
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:36 am

JerrySpringer wrote:
s3p2 wrote:I like to that see all the DA comments on yahoo. I really don't want everyone thinking this is a good idea. Yahoo gets a LOT more viewers than nightline at 11:30pm on a friday night. This yahoo story is what worries me. The more who don't get it, and the more negative comments are better for us hoarders who are not ready to cash in yet. I've got a lot more cents to add to my collection before everyone gets in.

The way I look at it is that most people will not have the extra $$ to tie up in a scheme that may yield them maybe 50% gross on their principal after major costs are accounted for. That is if they can go about getting that 50% easily too. We may see more fringe increase and the Hubbert moment will be met when a few more 1%'ers decide to start seriously hoarding copper cents. The fact that we still can find silver junk coins attests to the fact that most people will just forget about collecting boxes of copper cents. Now, if Oprah came out and said she bought a few pallets of copper coins from one of our RC guys here, then we are screwed. :o

I agree. I believe somebody calculated that there are about 80 billion copper pennies in circulation. The current copper hoarders (excuse me, investors) have hardly made a dent in this number. Although, this exposure might add some converts and sell a few more lots on E bay, it will take $10/pound copper and a sharply falling dollar before John Q Public will do much more than occasionally sift through his pocket change.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 am

JerrySpringer wrote:Now, if Oprah came out and said she bought a few pallets of copper coins from one of our RC guys here, then we are screwed. :o

About as likely as her admitting to being in a lesbian relationship to Gayle King and Steadman was just a fraud boytoy.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:23 am

glass wrote:Lead Story on COINFLATION

Congrats

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 am

This story seems to be gaining steam...can new bank fees be far away?
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby newton7 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:41 am

I was OK with Nightline as not many tellers watch it in my estimation. But with Yahoo running it I suspect we will see a back lash at my banks on Wednesday when I try to make a pickup. I am thinking about just going dark for a while until it all blows over. I have been mixing it up lately on the buy side of my coins. Get nickels here with pennies and dimes there with pennies but not straight pennies to help avoid attention.

With that said I want to give a shout out to Joe and his kids. Great story and I liked that they included his sons. My son and I also sort together from time to time and Friday he made me so proud when he found a war nickel in his money at the local schools market day. The kids make stuff and sell it for a fundraiser and he hand enough smarts to find it and buy it out of his change so he could save it. Way to go boy!

Keep stacking Joe and I hold no grudge against anyone. I think this was a good representation of what we do but I like to keep under the radar so to speak. The few times I have been figured out by a bank teller the source quickly dried up.

A long time ago I learned to "fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise." This has kept me under the radar and stacking.

Keep up the good work RCers.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 am

Great post, agree with the laying low for a while. We don't want to be the one the banks try to make an example out of.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 am

Wonder what would happen if someone wrote a well thought post yahoo and Put a link for realcent.org
TXBullion

Postby Nickelless » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I just saw a comment that someone made on this page about Adam possibly melting down a bunch of 1909-S VDBs: :shock:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/ ... 601.0.html

Seriously, Adam, does anyone at the Portland Mint scan the sorted coppers for valuable pennies?
Nickelless

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Nickelless wrote:I just saw a comment that someone made on this page about Adam possibly melting down a bunch of 1909-S VDBs: :shock:

Seriously, Adam, does anyone at the Portland Mint scan the sorted coppers for valuable pennies?

Friggin site, Y U GO DOWN NAO?!?!?

And for the other topic at hand, I thought Rye-dales and it's bigger brothers would automatically reject wheaties due to their weight?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Coinflation added the local story too.
Email from Coinflation--
Joe,

Thanks, just posted it. I thought you were great. Your Enron quote was perfect.

The story certainly has gone viral, the interest this weekend has been amazing. Web traffic is up substantially the last two days. Many, many people this weekend typed "copper pennies" into Google, the most I've seen ever.

Thanks,
Alec Nevalainen

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ScottyTX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm

wonder why when I type in copper pennies I'm already on the 4th page and realcent.org is still nowhere to be found. Oh, well it will definately keep all the quacks out :) Can't imagine how many sheeple would sign up just to tell us how stupid we are for waisting our time when we could just go to McDonald's and make more money.............
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper_Baron » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Guys, let's face it. We are still a cult until copper hits 6 or 7 bucks. Which is the way I like it anyway because I only have a few hundred pounds. However, I bet the publicity (which will be forgotten by most in 10 minutes like everything in today's world) gave us all a bit of justification for the madness we are participating in.

Keep Stacking!
Copper_Baron

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Copper_Baron wrote:Guys, let's face it. We are still a cult until copper hits 6 or 7 bucks.

Tell that to the druggies out there stealing copper wire from parks and churches!!
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 am

Nickelless wrote:I just saw a comment that someone made on this page about Adam possibly melting down a bunch of 1909-S VDBs: :shock:

First off I want to state that I do NOT melt U.S copper pennies.

As for Nickelless's question. No, not really. We just cut open the bags and start the machines to seperate them. If we happen to see wheat pennies we grab them by hand, but we don't stop the machines to do so. If we even do grab the wheats we are too busy keeping all the machines run to look at the dates so we just throw them into a pile and sell them as unsorted bags.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Andrew Jackson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:21 am

8-)
As I said from the beginning this will hurt sorting efforts. Seems like many that view this in a positive light are just in need of therapy to assure them that they are not allone in sorting. Aw shucks they did not even mention Realcent on the segment. Come on children please grow up. Look Dad Look mom I'm on TV and there showing the family armored car business we're famous! They even mentioned how many pennies we have. O boy this will boost my sales for sure. I'm famous "for a day" an then your miscalculation screws up the sorting efforts for all of us. Rember children like I said loose lips sink ships. I just can't understand why you you are so hell-bent at sinking your own!!!!!!!!!
Andrew Jackson

Postby NHsorter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 am

Dear angry noob, I don't know if you have ever tried to run your own business before, but that is what Adam is doing and if you can get nationwide coverage about your business, you do it. Don't blame him for doing his best to make a living. He has made some great contributions to Realcent and I myself appreciate it greatly. There are plenty of pennies to go around, so just get back to sorting before they are all gone.
Last edited by NHsorter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 am

Actually, it is disrespectful newbies and flamers that we are most hoping to avoid regardless of how they hear about the site or our activities.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing